part 2 of one down 2 too go (Long sorry)

Talk Anything related to Muzzleloader
one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

part 2 of one down 2 too go (Long sorry)

Post by one hunting fool » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:57 pm

Well my boys got to my house around 12:00 Friday afternoon. I unfortunately had to work a full day and got home around 5pm I loaded them up and we went hunting. That day we saw a few 2 points, spikes and a three point that where ok but one nice 4 point that had not been shot. I got the boys set up on the 4 point we walked hunched over for about 50 yrds then where covered by a ravine and closed to within 30 yrds of the 4 point I put Taylor on him and told Kyle let your brother shoot because he hadn’t got a deer yet this was his first year. The deer spotted us and bolted Taylor shot and missed then Kyle shot and missed. That was it for the night. We headed to the same area the next morning and I spotted the same buck. We got to 100 yards this time Broad side and Taylor missed again. I told Kyle that now its open game on the deer but he could only shoot a 3 point or better. That day Taylor missed 2 more deer a three and a 2 point before the night was over. Sunday found us on deer early and we where able to find a nice 2 point for Tay shortly before sunrise. I ranged him at 144 yds and walking away. We got set up and Tay did it right. One shot right threw the heart the deer ran 40 yrds and dropped. We drug him town to the road and got some pictures before I cleaned him
The 2 together
Then it was Kyle’s turn. We parked Taylor’s deer under a tree to keep cool and went to work finding Kyle a deer. From 7:30 o 10 only spikes and 2 points could be found then at 1,000 yrds I spotted a nice deer but he was in a CRP patch and there was really now way to get to him without him spotting us it seemed. After working it out for 15 min I decided we could possible get to a 1ft ravine while he had his back to us feeding but if he turned we would have to drop into cover. We got to the ravine after 15 min (100 yrds), I was looking at the deer and knew he could spot us the way we where sitting if we kept going but had no choice then the deer Disappeared. I looked everywhere with the Bino’s and nothing. I told Kyle now’s our chance he laid down. We moved quickly and quiet as 2 people can to with in 200 yards of where I last saw him then headed North to where he was last seen. After getting to that point nothing jumped out I was confused for a bit as to what to do next. (Had he ran or was he still here somewhere? maybe I guessed wrong) we stayed put about 5 min. I looked back to where we had parked to get an idea of where I could have gone wrong. Just then the deer 50 yards away (we had passed him by 50 to the west and north) picked his head up to see where we had gone, I dropped and told Kyle where he was and to get his gun ready and safety off. I stood up and the deer was up and bounding away. He took one bound and BOOM! Kyle dropped him. We where all pumped to have such a great day.
I need to thank God first then Josh for loaning us his two Muzzleloaders. Thanks buddy. This was one great hunt. And a memory we will all have forever,
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Re: part 2 of one down 2 too go (Long sorry)

Post by AGCHAWK » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:22 pm

Great job to the two young hunters!! Great pics and story!

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:11 pm

Very nice! :thumb

MULEY7MM
4 point
4 point

Post by MULEY7MM » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:19 pm

Congrats to your kids i bet your proud :thumb
Glad to be back...

http://www.troutjournal.com

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:10 am

Great story and congrats to your kids! :thumb
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:30 am

very proud ****banana ****banana ****banana
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

ABert

Post by ABert » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:31 pm

Congrats to the young hunters! Nothing better than bringing your kids out and helping them to bring the meat home!
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.