My Brothers First Muzzy buck

Talk Anything related to Muzzleloader
HUNTIN FOR LIFE
2 point
2 point

My Brothers First Muzzy buck

Post by HUNTIN FOR LIFE » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:36 am

My bro. has never shot a muzzleloader in his life. He told me he wanted to go out this year and hunt so i told him he could shoot my gun.

When we hiked to the ridge that we sit and glass from we started seeing deer not to far from where we were at. since it was the last night of the hunt and it was going to be dark alittle over an hour i really didnt want to get to deep into the hills. But sure enough i spotted a 4 point about 1.5 miles away. I thought to myself, "well ill give my brother the option to go after him but there is know way he will be there when we get to him." of course he said he wanted to go after him. so after about 20min. of hiking we arrive about 150 yard from were the buck should be and as a peaked over a tree, he had not moved even a step and to add to that there was an even bigging buck about 50 yards to the south of the the 4 point. So first we tried to get in possition the shoot at the bigger buck but when we found a good spot to shoot from he had moved into some thick trees and most likely wouldnt come back out, so we turn back to the 4 point and by then he started to run up the hill. at the last range i made he was at 202 yards. which is my max range that ill shoot. so i told him to set the dot 2inchs over the top of his back and when he stops shoot. well, the first shoot fired off and drilled him. he jumped 3 feet in the air and took about 4 steeps up the hill and fell over backwards. his first muzzy buck and his first 4 point.
1002081843.jpg
Attachments
1002081844a.jpg
HERE IS A COUPLE OTHER PICS
HERE IS A COUPLE OTHER PICS
Last edited by HUNTIN FOR LIFE on Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
INSANITY! Is doing the same thing over & over again and expecting a different result!

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Re: My Brothers First Muzzy buck

Post by sneekeepete » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:50 am

Wow congrats to your brother! :thumb Sounds like he's a natural with your muzzle loader!
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:06 am

GREAT story, great buck! :thumb :thumb

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:24 am

Great way to start his muzzy hunting career!

Congrats to your brother on a great lookin' buck!

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:20 am

Fantastic thanks for the Story, pictures. and tell your bro congrats. :thumb
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:11 pm

What an awesome first buck!!! A Huge congrats to him! I have to say i'm pretty jelous (I still haven't taken my first muzzy buck.. if he's anything like that i'll be STOKED!)

DeadI

Post by DeadI » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:48 pm

Great looking buck. Congrats to your bro.
Deadi

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:20 am

Sounds like a great time. Congrats to you both. =D>
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

tracker
Spike
Spike

Post by tracker » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:27 pm

good job! 10sign: :thumb
Romans 8:28

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Post by NotEnufTags » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:33 pm

Very cool. 202 yards is a great shot distance for a muzzle loader. They seem like easy enough shots at the range but they get a lot harder when they count. My brother and I both got our first Muzzy bucks this year too. My brother got his opening morning and the darn fool was so excited he just took in the hunt and never took any photos. Mine is viewable in the My 08 muzzle loader buck 196 2/8" thread. Congrats. Talk about cutting it close. Near dark on the last day of the hunt is too cool. :thumb
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."