5 day muzzleloader

Talk Anything related to Muzzleloader
will4booz
Fawn
Fawn

5 day muzzleloader

Post by will4booz » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:59 pm

I was just looking at the 2009 big game guidebook and noticed that the La Sal area has been shortened to a 5 day muzzleloader season. Any ideas why? Do you know where we can get deer survey results?

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 5 day muzzleloader

Post by MuleyMadness » Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:29 am

What kind of deer survey results? Didn't notice the change until you mentioned it, no idea why?

jjgreen
Fawn
Fawn

Post by jjgreen » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:22 am

i have no idea why. but i have a question did any one else notice this last year sucked i use to lov the muzzleloader hunt. we use to see big bucks but this last year made me never wanna muzzleloder hunt again it was just like the opening day of the rifle hunt i have never seen it like this.

HUNTIN FOR LIFE
2 point
2 point

Post by HUNTIN FOR LIFE » Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:38 pm

The DWR decided that if there is a unit that has fallen below the buck to doe ratio that the rifle and muzzleloader hunts will be 5 day hunts to help manage those units.
INSANITY! Is doing the same thing over & over again and expecting a different result!

proutdoors
3 point
3 point

Post by proutdoors » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:32 pm

HUNTIN FOR LIFE wrote:The DWR decided that if there is a unit that has fallen below the buck to doe ratio that the rifle and muzzle loader hunts will be 5 day hunts to help manage those units.
It is a 40% reduction in days for rifle/muzzle/archery if the buck:doe ratio falls below objectives. I believe there are 5 sub units that fall under this criteria, one being the Stansbury Range out here in Tooele County. Rifle/muzzy hunts are 5 days down from 9 days, archery is 17 days down from 28 days. This is part of the new deer management plan, instead of breaking the 5 regions into smaller units for tags, they have specific criteria that is addressed on a sub-unit by sub-unit basis.
The Mind can only serve one Master, either gratitude or despair--but not both.

will4booz
Fawn
Fawn

Post by will4booz » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:04 pm

Anyone know where to find the buck to doe ratio survey results for each area?