Wisconsin to allow scopes on Muzzleloaders!

Talk Anything related to Muzzleloader
sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Re: Wisconsin to allow scopes on Muzzleloaders!

Post by sneekeepete » Thu May 07, 2009 11:07 am

I agree with you there. Everyone has their own opinions, ideas, and motives. It just bothers me when unethical hunters get their new souped up inline rigs and they push them beyond their limits do to their own ingnorance. That is why I lean towards more traditional Muzzle loading regulations. As long as individuals hunt within state regulations and responsibly then good for them. I just don't agree with some states regulations and thats it.
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

Toby
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Toby » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:07 am

I don't agree with some state regulations either...and that's why I constantly take them to task.

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back on this issue, but it seems we have more "wrong" than "right" today...and I have been busy elsewhere.

Toby Bridges

FrontierGander
Spike
Spike

Post by FrontierGander » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:22 pm

busy putting down other peoples opinions :))

http://24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ub ... ost3187567

Loafer
3 point
3 point

Post by Loafer » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:27 pm

I agree with what killer bee said about better hunting dates due to the challange of the hunt. With the capability of the muzzleloaders these days putting a scope on them it more or less turns them into single shot rifles. I like the inline muzzleloaders for reliability, ease of use and acurracy. I think these are huge advantages over traditional muzzleloaders. How many huge advantages do we get before advantages turn into cheating? If Wisconin allows it great. It is still a personal decision and just because the government says its okay does not make it right. If they purpose it in my state I'll be here to oppose.
Uva uvam vivendo varia fit - Augustus McCrae

southwind
Monster
Monster

Post by southwind » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:18 pm

Kansas approved scopes last year and Nebraska who had a 2X max now allows higher power variables. A lot of states are going this way.

I personally do not have a problem with it. Having the new law does not mean you have to go to use one. Not all Muzzy seasons are an advantage, for instance Kansas is in late September which can be near three digits in temps. Nebraska's is the whole month of December but is the very last of the three different hunt types.

There are also a lot of older hunters that just can't see open sights well at all.

I mean really what is the difference between a longbow hunter that shoots instinctively compared to a compound shooter using fiber optic sights. My effective range with a compound is almost double that of a traditional archer but you don't hear much gruff about that.

In Kansas now for residence anyway my one tag is good for archery, muzzle loader, and rifle so it really does not matter much.

I own an TC Omega inline that I have a Bushnell 3x9 250 doa on but also have a Lyman Great Plains flintlock. I love hunting with them both.

Mularcher
4 point
4 point

Post by Mularcher » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:12 pm

I might be looking at this a little different but Adding scopes to muzzleloaders is just the latest attempt by the DNR in Wisconsin to lower the Whitetail herd. The last couple years you had to shoot a doe before a buck this was called "Earn a Buck", Imagine letting a 12 point Buck walk for a doe first??? This year the youth hunt age lowered and a Early doe gun only season.

The DNR estimated the deer population statewide at 1.5 million to 1.7 million but few veteran hunters saw deer during last years nine day rifle hunt with a 20% drop in the number of deer killed statewide. Earn a Buck was stopped this year only because frustrated a land owners told the DNR if there wasn't a change they were shutting their land down to deer hunting witch I have to imagine would be a huge hit to the overall hunting season revenue to the state. My only guess is DNR is getting major pressure from insurance companies to thin the herd so what's next??
“If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it.” Fred Bear