New Conical - Thor!

Talk Anything related to Muzzleloader
FrontierGander
Spike
Spike

Re: New Conical - Thor!

Post by FrontierGander » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:38 pm

i've never heard a whistle. I'll have to find someone that can hold a wooden post while i run back into the trees and fire a shot over their head lol

Loafer
3 point
3 point

Post by Loafer » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:07 pm

I order a sample pack from Thor this week. I heard that these bullets are manufactured by Barnes for Thor so they should be awesome. That would explain the similarities between the two.
Uva uvam vivendo varia fit - Augustus McCrae

southwind
Monster
Monster

Post by southwind » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:16 pm

Just got my samples today and looking forward to testing out. They do have a "Colorado" bullet which is a hollow point that not only satisfies the no sabot but also length limit as well.

dahlmer
Monster
Monster

Post by dahlmer » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:51 pm

Frontier Gander,

Nice work! I was curious if you have used the Hornady FPB and how you would compare it to the Thor bullets?

FrontierGander
Spike
Spike

Post by FrontierGander » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:48 pm

dahlmer wrote:Frontier Gander,

Nice work! I was curious if you have used the Hornady FPB and how you would compare it to the Thor bullets?
Ive only shot a handful of FPB's. The thor loads like a dream while i had nothing but pure heck with the fpb's. I like the all copper design the most. Its pretty much fail proof. No more having to match bullet weight VS animal. We're going after elk this december with the 250gr ballistic tip thor. Another nice thing i like about the thor is that they do not fragment. Push them with whatever loads you want, including smokeless, they will NOT come apart.

The owner says he shoots them out of his savage ML and they do excellent.

dahlmer
Monster
Monster

Post by dahlmer » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:53 pm

Thanks for the input. That is the most common complaint I have heard regarding the FPB. I'm shooting an Omega so that something of a concern for me. I'll have to give the Thor's a try.