funny video

Talk Anything related to Muzzleloader
UtahRob
4 point
4 point

funny video

Post by UtahRob » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:58 pm

My son Cody showed me this video very FUNNY!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=71jZOcU6ehs
Last edited by UtahRob on Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

muleystalker01
2 point
2 point

Post by muleystalker01 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:03 pm

that lion one looks like a high fence hunt.the scary thing is you can see the bullets hitting the ground around the guy that got hit by the lion.
that deer one is pretty funny.

ABert

Post by ABert » Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:30 pm

Looking at the lion video, a term comes to mind. "The last great act of defiance." To me, that is not even remotely close to "hunting". I understand an individual who wants to put a mount on the wall and will pay an outfitter outrageous sums of money to do it, providing it is a fair chase hunt. That SOB deserved more than what he received. What has happened to marksmanship in our sport??? What has happened to hunting ethics??? I do believe, after reading many posts on this site, that the vast majority of members would never be a part of such a hunt. I am a DIY hunter, as most are here, and it just tears me up to hunt an animal, with a guide no less, for the sole purpose of putting that animal on my wall. Every animal I have ever shot has been used to provide food for my family. This is the reason I will not hunt bear, mountain lion and a few other species. I've eaten both and did not care for them. For those of you who do hunt and eat the meat, good for you. I only hunt what I will put on my plate.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:15 pm

That deer video is pretty funny - Thanks for showin us that. Lion looks like it's in S. Africa which is all high fenced hunting - I wish that lion woulda killed 'em

UtahRob
4 point
4 point

Post by UtahRob » Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:36 pm

I have never had desire to hunt Lions or any cat or anything I can't eat. There are a lot of ways people hunt that are( to me )unethical and not fair chase I do not hunt with dogs or bait or use feeders for big game. I just do not like those ways of hunting. But I would not want a human life lost because I disagree with the way they hunt. :>/ I personally will never hunt anything that would kill me . :>/ I love to hunt BUT I like to return home to my wife and kids more !!!:thumb

Take care-
Rob :thumb
Last edited by UtahRob on Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:04 pm

Great videos UtahRob! I love the deer one!

ABert/UtahRob, I agree, at least in part, with both of your posts. It's great to get a big buck and have a few mounts to remind me of those hunts, but in the end my family can't eat the atlers. Doesn't keep me from trying my hardest to get that "buck of a life time" though. To each his own I guess, provided it's fair chase. The high fence thing just gets under my skin (I posted a rather long diatribe on the same subject in the classified section regarding an add offering what sounded like a high fence deal).
I got a buddy I met when I was stationed in the middle east. He was saving his combat pay for an African hunt inwhich he was able to take a giraffe, lion, leopard, and water buffalo. I got into a number of rather heated arguements regarding why someone would shoot a lion, leopard, or giraffe (I'll give him the water buffalo. I would imagine that they would produce a rather hefty amount of meat). In the end I guess if he wanted to spend around $50,000 (That's the price he quoted me) then so be it. I'll save that money for my mulie and whitetail hunts (and hopefully a mount of that buck of a lifetime).

UtahRob
4 point
4 point

Post by UtahRob » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:35 pm

AGCHAWK

That hunter was very lucky and I am glad that he was not killed even though I totally dislike that type of so called hunting. If he would have been killed by the Lion, that would have been a shame BUT that's what happens when you hunt dangerous animals. I just don't wish or feel he should have been killed.
I also would love to have a big racked buck on my wall.
This is our first year hunting in Utah so (Cody) my son and I will get a spike bull Elk tag for the muzzleloader season and A Mule deer tag. This year we will try to fill the freezer and next year go for some thing bigger.
Cody will get the first chance at anything we see and after he fills his tags ands if we have time left in the season it will be my turn. I have not hunted with a gun since 1975 when a drunk hunter almost shot me in California. After that I only hunted the archery season . From what I have seen here in our area of Utah I think the Muzzleloader season will be a lot of fun.

Thank you for the service you have done in behalf of our Country and others around the world. The men and women in the military are the true heroes of the world. Thank you and God bless you-
Rob
http://www.minibite.com/america/forgotten.htm

9er
Monster
Monster

Post by 9er » Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:22 pm

thanks to the videos,

9er

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:38 am

UtahRob, my oldest son will be making his first trip into the hills with me also. Sounds like we have pretty much the same plan. My son will have first shot this year in hopes of getting his feet wet (He asked if he would STILL have first shot if my "buck of a lifetime" presented himself....I couldn't promise him that one...LOL).
Washington's draws are later than most states but I will be putting him in for a couple youth hunts and for a doe tag draw for the unit closest to our place. Hopefully he'll draw so that he has a better chance of getting a shot off. Where we hunt in Idaho it's buck or doe so he'll certainly get his shot there. He doesn't seem to believe me that shooting at a live animal is much different than shooting at a target...he'll learn though.
Good luck to you and your son and thanks for the kind words.

UtahRob
4 point
4 point

Post by UtahRob » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:27 am

AGCHAWK

Cody is our last child at home and I am not looking forward to the day when he is gone. [-o< I have had so much fun with my boys hunting and fly fishing. I never realized how much fun it would be to have children and share my hobbies with them. Below are a few photos of my boys on hunting and Fly fishing trips. We have had SO much fun!!!!!! :thumb :thumb

Take care and God Bless-
Rob
Last edited by UtahRob on Mon May 21, 2007 11:39 am, edited 3 times in total.