Red Dot Sight?

Talk Anything related to Muzzleloader
GUTPYLZ
3 point
3 point

Red Dot Sight?

Post by GUTPYLZ » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:31 am

When I bought my new Muzzleloader, I didn't realize it was mainly made for a scope. (Dumb on my part) I bought a peep sight with a truglo front sight. I really had a hard time lining up(feeling natural) on the sights with that particular stock. Anyway, while I was out hunting seemed like almost everyone had a Red Dot. I looked through one and loved it. I made a B-Line into town to buy me one. I know it took guts to change a set-up in the middle of a hunt, but it paid off. I missed a few shots on a couple of nice bucks and needed some encouragement. I think I'm going to put one on my Varmint rifle. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has one also that they love. I bought a Barska and I like it, but I heard their are some with green dots also. I'd appreciate any feedback.
"Waste Is Unjustified, And Especially The Waste Of Time.
One Must Live, Not Only Exist.
One Must Do, Not Merrily Be.
One Must Grow, Not Vegetate."
SPENCER W. KIMBALL

NotEnufTags
Monster
Monster

Re: Red Dot Sight?

Post by NotEnufTags » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:38 am

Mine is a very inexpensive BSA red dot. It performs great. I bought it to "get by" after the in-line sights were giving me problems out past a 100 years. The front fibre optic "dot" was covering too much of the target to be effective. I've never had to upgrade beyond my "get by" scope becuase it has been very accurate.
"Some day I'll scout out a monster, spot him while hunting, make the stalk of a lifetime, and have dreams come true. 'Til then I'll be happy with the buck in my cross-hairs."

GUTPYLZ
3 point
3 point

Post by GUTPYLZ » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:16 am

I'll look into one of those. The Barska has a double dot(reflecting or something) on it and it bothers me. I'll put it on a 22 or something for the kids. I'm hearing good things about the Vortex and it's only about a $149.00.
"Waste Is Unjustified, And Especially The Waste Of Time.
One Must Live, Not Only Exist.
One Must Do, Not Merrily Be.
One Must Grow, Not Vegetate."
SPENCER W. KIMBALL

DeadI

Post by DeadI » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:50 am

I had a Millet Red dot and didn't care for it. I didn't like the battery that they have, I didn't like the single dot, I just didn't like it. I bought a Sightron cross hair scope and love it.
Deadi

Loafer
3 point
3 point

Post by Loafer » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:37 am

Aimpoints are the best. Depending on the model battery life is over 4000 hrs and they are extremly durable. My first reddot was a millet. I put it on my muzzleloader and found it could not tolerate the recoil. I moved to a .22 and it has been alright.
Uva uvam vivendo varia fit - Augustus McCrae