St. George Area

Talk anything related to Shed Hunting
zachvu
Spike
Spike

St. George Area

Post by zachvu » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:36 am

So I know that nobody's going to give away their honey hole, but I'm looking for somewhere to start shed hunting down in Southern Utah that maybe some others have left behind? I've never been before until yesterday and didn't find a thing. My girlfriend and I went out west of Enterprise, close to the border, and saw almost no signs of life! We covered a good amount of ground and drove to a few different areas to hike. The water was still frozen where we were so would I have been in too high of elevations for the time of year? Feel free to pm me with any suggestions of areas to start or if you want to let me tag along sometime!

I know it's a longshot because how competitive people are with shed hunting but just looking for some sort of direction or advice!

HUNTIN FOR LIFE
2 point
2 point

Re: St. George Area

Post by HUNTIN FOR LIFE » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:51 pm

check out utah hill, mataquia, pacoon areas around there lots of deer out there this time of year.
INSANITY! Is doing the same thing over & over again and expecting a different result!

zachvu
Spike
Spike

Post by zachvu » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:20 pm

HUNTIN FOR LIFE wrote:check out utah hill, mataquia, pacoon areas around there lots of deer out there this time of year.
Will do, thanks! Where in Santa Clara do you live??

zachvu
Spike
Spike

Post by zachvu » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:52 pm

Also, any suggestions on where to find elk locally or in somewhat locally (Nevada-ish?)

JimmyB
Spike
Spike

Post by JimmyB » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:37 am

Anywhere out by Baker Reservoir and Pine Valley and both east hills and west hills of Enterprise. I go out there all the time for Jacks and Coyotes and I've seen tons of deer every time I go.
Shooter McGavin

HUNTIN FOR LIFE
2 point
2 point

Post by HUNTIN FOR LIFE » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:27 am

I live in green valley now by the gas station.
INSANITY! Is doing the same thing over & over again and expecting a different result!

zachvu
Spike
Spike

Post by zachvu » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:08 pm

oh nice...I'm right on the main road in old Santa Clara!

mossbuck35
Fawn
Fawn

Post by mossbuck35 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:47 am

You can also try up by the turkey farm headed up towards pine valley! There will probably be other shed hunters up that way but that might be a good place to check. When I lived in St.George thats where I would go! Also If you go and try the strip sheds are normally few and far between but if you find a shed or set they are going to be big. Good Luck

mossbuck35