Still packin!

Talk anything related to Shed Hunting
canyonhunter
Spike
Spike

Still packin!

Post by canyonhunter » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:50 pm

On the way home from my grandpa's church, we seen 3 bucks(3x4 and two 3 points) still packing both sides! We watched them jump a fence drop into a dry canal and over the bank jump another couple fences and they were gone. Sadly they didn't drop while we were watching them. lol Have you guys still been seeing bucks packin?

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Still packin!

Post by MuleyMadness » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:29 pm

Went out yesterday Shed Huntin for first time this year, came home emptied handed.

Hiked for almost 6 hours, drove over 200 miles and 4 hours. Still could to get out and hike.

Saw about 20 deer, 6 bucks still packing but I believe 2 of the deer were bucks that had dropped already, just couldn't turn up any sheds. Maybe next time.

Muley Shed Freak
3 point
3 point

Post by Muley Shed Freak » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:43 am

Maybe that would explain why i haven't found any fresh ones in my usual place.. humm.. that or the hard winter we have had pushed them alot lower this year. Matter fact, i haven't seen a winter this bad for a while. If it warms up too fast.. its gonna flood!
can't wait to look for some more!!

zachvu
Spike
Spike

Post by zachvu » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:24 pm

Went out yesterday Shed Huntin for first time this year, came home emptied handed.

Hiked for almost 6 hours, drove over 200 miles and 4 hours. Still could to get out and hike.

Saw about 20 deer, 6 bucks still packing but I believe 2 of the deer were bucks that had dropped already, just couldn't turn up any sheds. Maybe next time.
I'm glad I'm not the only one coming back empty handed from this area!! I followed game trails, found bedding areas, scrapes, all sorts of signs but no sheds!!

Jinsen
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Jinsen » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:45 pm

Still packing in South central CO. Ive been out three times and found 5 old ones with two matching. I think last year here it was almost the end of April into early May before you could find them on a consistent basis. I did manage to see some elk yesterday though (bunch of cows) when I went out. I let them go over the mountain then checked it out lots of rubs.I know they where fresh the branches where green and the bark was on top of what little snow we have left. So im still waiting, hurrryyyy uuppppppp zzz

LAAngels
Fawn
Fawn

Post by LAAngels » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:12 pm

I've found a few deer sheds here in MT. A couple fresh and a couple from last year. So far not too many though.

mule deer sheds 3-6.jpg
mule deer sheds 3-6.jpg (98.54 KiB) Viewed 6860 times
shed3.jpg
shed3.jpg (120.47 KiB) Viewed 6860 times
shed2.jpg
shed2.jpg (143.93 KiB) Viewed 6860 times

Jinsen
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Jinsen » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:58 pm

Nice pics LA,I dont know about MT but its been really warm here. I think they are holding a little longer its been 40's and 50's quite a bit this winter. Seems like I should be finding some already in the ol trusty honey holes. :-k

MNbogboy
Spike
Spike

Post by MNbogboy » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:16 pm

My son called my by cell on his way to Lewiston, ID for his boiler-maker job when he was near Billings, MT he sad they saw several muleys still packing...He said they were nice too....So I believe you guys....Back here in northern MN most whitetail bucks were shed by mid Jan and some as early as late Dec but a guy at work feeds them and he said up to last weekend he had 2 8pt (eastern) still packing and one unicorn....
Good luck picking them up,
Randy
WI Hunter Education Instructor since 1984.
Be safe and courteous and your luck will be great.