Shed lamps info anyone?

Talk anything related to Shed Hunting
firefighterbraun
3 point
3 point

Shed lamps info anyone?

Post by firefighterbraun » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:09 pm

So just wondering if anyone has built some shed antler lamps and maybe where I could get some info so I could build one. Just thinking i have found enough sheds this year to make one finally! Lol.

antler08
Spike
Spike

Re: Shed lamps info anyone?

Post by antler08 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:11 pm

Yeah, check out the WAM boys at www.wildantlercreations.com

firefighterbraun
3 point
3 point

Post by firefighterbraun » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:47 am

antler08 wrote:Yeah, check out the WAM boys at http://www.wildantlercreations.com
Got some cool stuff there. Might have to try that WAM. Looks like I might just have to learn by trial and error with building the actual lamps though.

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:39 am

my dad made a few.he made his out of mostly deer sheds. 1st. he would use zip ties to put some horns together so they looked good and also made a sturdy base to sit.( after all it's got to be a good,USEABLE lamp, right?)

then he used side cutters to clip 8 penny nails to about 1 inch long, drilled holes in both horns where they came in contact with each other. with epoxy, he put it on the nail, slid it into both holes, and repeated on all the places that needed to be stuck together.

lastly, for the post that went up to the light, he would either use a spike elk shed or use a deer shed that had a strait enough g-2 to drill. he bought a 3/8 drill bit that was 12" long. and drilled from top to bottom. this is why a spike elk shed came in real handy.

for the lamp kit, he would go by a used lamp from some thrift store, take the wire/ bulb socket out of it and run it up through the bottom of the spike horn and atached it to the top of the spike horn( which was the rosery, the spike horn is turned where the tip of the horn is down in the base of the lamp) then all you have to do is find a shade you like and put it on.

hopefully that makes a little sence.

the idea is to not see any of your wires or spikes that hold it together.

firefighterbraun
3 point
3 point

Post by firefighterbraun » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:13 pm

Thanks killerbee. That makes sense to me.....guess i'll have to try that and see what happens. Never even thought of using zip ties to hold it together. That's a good idea. Hopefully i'll get to work on it soon and let you guys know how its coming along.