Be Careful Out There

Talk anything related to Shed Hunting
NVhunter
Spike
Spike

Be Careful Out There

Post by NVhunter » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:59 pm

First sorry about the long post. I know it is kind of late to be posting this, but about a month ago me and my dad were hiking the hills in Northern Nevada and I came over this ridge and down at the bottom of a draw was a creek with a bunch of Aspens along the edge. With my bino's I could see a lot of garbage at the bottom, which I thought was weird since we were about 2 miles from the nearest road. So I called my dad over and we set up the spotting scope and started picking apart the garbage, we picked out a camp and about 50 yards down stream from the camp we could see a lot of plastic sheeting and a bunch of plant pots along with signs saying "keep out/stay away". Then the next thing we know there was a guy 70 yards below us watching us, he had a 5 gallon bucket on his back and was using a shovel as a walking stick. So as soon as we saw this we jacked a round into our 9mm and as soon as he went behind the next tree we hauled @ss out of there. We were thinking it was a pot farm so we got in contact with Sherrifs detectives and BLM special agents. After about a month and a half of them watching it they raided the place and found out the guy is a drifter that comes into the area every spring for the last 4 years and lives there until the end of the summer months. The agents told us that he had dug tunnels through out the area and that they had moved him out of there and that they were going to be going back in to clean up his mess that he had made.
I thought that some people might want to hear this, and I also wanted to tell people to be very observant about what you see. If you see anything suspicious please call the authorities and if you do see something that you think might be an illegal pot farm GET OUT OF THE AREA!!! I read a lot of stories of hunters being threatened and even being held at gun point by people who were growing pot. Stay safe.
"Elk don't know how many feet a horse has!" - Bear Claw

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Be Careful Out There

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:56 am

Sounds like you did exactly what you should have, well done!

spoofman
Spike
Spike

Post by spoofman » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:24 pm

never can be to careful, would rather be jacked up by a bear or cougar not some lunatic or pot heads

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:26 pm

One of my good friends came across a pop up camper in the middle of national forest west of FT Collins, Colorado, quite a ways off of the trail and there was a big plastic tub with a tarp over it and the whole area had a chemical smell to it. Just as he was hiking out the way he came a guy comes out of the camper screaming and yelling and going crazy to say the least my buddy hauled but out of there he reported to the forest service and the Sheriff's dept and it ended up being a meth cook and his operation.

I also have a friend in Phoenix, Arizona that has had some run in's with some scary indviduals while coues deer hunting in the desert.

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU MAY RUN INTO.
THE LORD IS MY ROCK

cjelome
Fawn
Fawn

Post by cjelome » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:07 am

So as soon as we saw this we jacked a round into our 9mm and as soon as he went behind the next tree we hauled hind end out of there.

Muleys 24/7
Spike
Spike

Post by Muleys 24/7 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:24 am

crazy storie, hunters are usally the ones to find stuff like that in remote areas. I always carry a side arm.