got rid of some bone

Talk anything related to Shed Hunting
Muley Shed Freak
3 point
3 point

got rid of some bone

Post by Muley Shed Freak » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:38 pm

No, 30lbs of sheds isn't much but, 210 bucks in my pocket is pretty nice! That lit a fire under my hinie to find more sheds! Cash for hiking works for me! :thumb

SoleSearcher
Fawn
Fawn

Re: got rid of some bone

Post by SoleSearcher » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:19 pm

Might be only 30 but thats alot more than many including me......well done!!!! Nothing like coming around a tree and seeing those tines in the air.
"ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE, NEVER AN ORDEAL"

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:07 pm

Lets see a pic of what you sold.

ABert

Post by ABert » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:48 pm

I'll go ahead and say and be the the neighsayer...

this is the reason that shed hunting has gone past being a "pass time" or "hobby". Once you can make a few bucks that just a few years ago you just liked to do, well, then that will be the demise of your hobby.

Please do not take offense to what I have said, as none was meant. It is just that once folks realize they can make money on what nature provides, greed takes over. Just take a look at recent legisltation in Utah.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

Muley Shed Freak
3 point
3 point

Post by Muley Shed Freak » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:41 am

Well, concidering i needed the extra cash to help pay for a hernia repair in my 3 month old colt and we had to put down my 3 yr old daughters pet goat who racked up a huge vet bill, id say its ok to sell sheds. I never wanted to get rid of them, but its nice to have a good pile of sheds on standby incase extra money is needed in the future, like now. Times are tough. Fast cash is sometimes needed in emergencies.

ABert

Post by ABert » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:29 pm

MSF,
This was not towards you in the least. Just my humble opinion that this has now caused others to hunt sheds for the sole reason of making money. Not that they get excited to see what bucks/bulls made it through the season and "should" be out there the following year. Not that they enjoy the hike and the excitement of the find.

THEY are in it for the money only, which ruins it for those who actually enjoy hunting for sheds.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

For The Love of It
Spike
Spike

Post by For The Love of It » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:12 pm

ABert i dont see what the problem is with selling shed horns. If me and my dad kept every shed that we have ever found theres no way they would fit in a 10'x10'10' shop. Take it from me we find more sheds than most people i know and i can count on one hand how many times we have come out ahead once you figure in diesel prices food and your time. Selling these sheds helps us to pay for a little bit of the fuel to get out to our grounds. Truth be told with shed prices what they are now and the amount of people hunting sheds it would be very difficult to make a large amount on sheds. So I would have to agree with Muley Shed Freak that there is absolutely nothing wrong with selling sheds.