All still packin

Talk anything related to Shed Hunting
Shedfreak88
2 point
2 point

Re: All still packin

Post by Shedfreak88 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:01 am

Went out saturday to check on a couple bucks I've been keeping tabs on and they're both still packin even after some kid chased them on his wheeler. A some 3 point in the group had one horn 2 weeks ago and is still packin around that one horn. All the bigger and older ones are still holding strong
"Big bucks didn't get big from being killed when they were young, Let Em' Go Let Em' Grow "-KB

waspocrew
4 point
4 point

Post by waspocrew » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:13 am

A few of them are starting to drop up here in Cache Valley, but most of them are staying on the bucks. Maybe a couple more weeks will do the trick.

Bonehead_26
Spike
Spike

Post by Bonehead_26 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:00 am

Shags1 wrote:Bonehead,

I've seen a small bull moose a few times up near Old Folks Flat. No idea where you'd find him this time of year. He's not a bruiser, but would be cool to have just the same.
Where you from shags you out of emery and carbon county too?

I have seen one up there too and a few on gentry mountain but i have no idea where they winter at to even go look for sheds wish i did though id like to find some.

motomuley251
Fawn
Fawn

Post by motomuley251 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:29 pm

Yeah they all have them and then they will all start dropping fast. Thats what happend to me.
shedznheadz.com

Shags1
Spike
Spike

Post by Shags1 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:09 am

Bonehead_26 wrote:
Shags1 wrote:Bonehead,

I've seen a small bull moose a few times up near Old Folks Flat. No idea where you'd find him this time of year. He's not a bruiser, but would be cool to have just the same.
Where you from shags you out of emery and carbon county too?

I have seen one up there too and a few on gentry mountain but i have no idea where they winter at to even go look for sheds wish i did though id like to find some.

Yeah.

I've seen two cow moose this winter up around Corner Canyon, thought maybe if I looked hard enough, I'd eventually find the bull. No such luck. I've seen elk hang around Electric Lake in years past, and wondered how far they have to go to winter. Maybe the moose would be in the same area? Maybe the North side of East Mt. somewhere, or somewhere around the polygamist's property? Sounds like they travel a bit, though if you've seen them on Gentry. I know this year, nothing has left the tops of the mountains. :>/

I've been trying to figure out where you were watching those deer. The area looks way familiar. Don't say, it's hard to find good places that 10 million people won't visit. I think I know, but it could be a few places. (It all looks the same around here lol )

Shags1
Spike
Spike

Post by Shags1 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:19 am

Shedfreak88 wrote:Went out saturday to check on a couple bucks I've been keeping tabs on and they're both still packin even after some kid chased them on his wheeler. A some 3 point in the group had one horn 2 weeks ago and is still packin around that one horn. All the bigger and older ones are still holding strong
Thats the crap that drives me nuts. Was he out picking up sheds or just out to harass the deer? Irresponsible behavior like that is what gets ATVers into trouble and trails shut down. But, that's a different topic for a different Forum.....

Shedfreak88
2 point
2 point

Post by Shedfreak88 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:26 pm

Shags1 wrote:
Shedfreak88 wrote:Went out saturday to check on a couple bucks I've been keeping tabs on and they're both still packin even after some kid chased them on his wheeler. A some 3 point in the group had one horn 2 weeks ago and is still packin around that one horn. All the bigger and older ones are still holding strong
Thats the crap that drives me nuts. Was he out picking up sheds or just out to harass the deer? Irresponsible behavior like that is what gets ATVers into trouble and trails shut down. But, that's a different topic for a different Forum.....
He never got off his wheeler when I seen him and i'm not quite sure what he was trying to accomplish hauling butt up the road passed me and cutting the heard of deer off and hearding em along side the road until the hurried and crossed infront of him then he took the next turn in the road and chased em up that way. Then went over a little hill and I have no idea where he went after that cuz the road was a dead end and I drove over there trying to locate the bucks and couldn't find them or the kid.
Haven't seen the kid out there since then. Went back out this morning and the two bigger bucks are still packing. A three point is still packing one horn and has been for about a month now. A couple of dink two points have dropped but thats it. The two bigger bucks I watched fight agian today and didn't look like they were losing thier horns anytime soon cuz they were hitting pretty hard. But there has been somebody hiking in there just about everyday because every evening after work all the deer are pushed up into a canyon that they never go in orignally. So hopefully the two bigger bucks dont move out before they shed.
"Big bucks didn't get big from being killed when they were young, Let Em' Go Let Em' Grow "-KB

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:20 pm

I went out this weekend and I found 200 deer and no horns on there heads hiked for 3 hours and found no sheds. wierd! i drove down past the river and in the bottoms i found a group of about 50 head and 2, 4points chasing does a spike in the group also.
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

Bonehead_26
Spike
Spike

Post by Bonehead_26 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:10 am

Yeah.

I've seen two cow moose this winter up around Corner Canyon, thought maybe if I looked hard enough, I'd eventually find the bull. No such luck. I've seen elk hang around Electric Lake in years past, and wondered how far they have to go to winter. Maybe the moose would be in the same area? Maybe the North side of East Mt. somewhere, or somewhere around the polygamist's property? Sounds like they travel a bit, though if you've seen them on Gentry. I know this year, nothing has left the tops of the mountains. :>/

I've been trying to figure out where you were watching those deer. The area looks way familiar. Don't say, it's hard to find good places that 10 million people won't visit. I think I know, but it could be a few places. (It all looks the same around here lol )[/quote]

Where they are is a good spot i found 47 horns in the area last year one big four by five and and a big single. but i just got back from work in texas and there has been people there looking so they are probly found or chased away. im headed in today to find out though

derekp1999
4 point
4 point

Post by derekp1999 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:06 pm

Here's a moose shed that we picked up a couple years ago.
Attachments
03102012117.jpg
“The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.”
-Albus Dumbledore