Up coming "season"!

Talk anything related to Shed Hunting
flyn_y
Fawn
Fawn

up comming season

Post by flyn_y » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:38 pm

Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:35 pm Post subject: sheads

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I usually start looking in 6C and move south to 6A and then unit 9 last. there has been a desent market for horns over the last few years lots of furniture makers out there. Do you live in the mora area 44/45? I am usually after elk sheads but do come across deer sheads. I would imagine it would be tough to find deer sheads in that north country. I used to frequent that aera 44/45, lots of elk on public land when the weather is good but most deer hold up on private land (the smart ones any way).

NMhntr
Fawn
Fawn

NM sheds

Post by NMhntr » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:47 pm

Hello I am the guest you have been talking to. I just joined the other night. And I live in Las Vegas, and our family has a ranch in unit 42, and my dad and his family has a ranch in unit 43. But when I saw the buck we were just cruising. Do you live in NM. Do you have a ranch, and do you go hunting in unit 44/45. Because we are supposed to go hunting for deer in the pecos wilderness. And if you want to find some nice elk sheds try the Valle Vidal area, we are probably going to go there this coming month with my dad and his friend that first took us there last year. But my dad doesn't like to take us shed hunting to much.

flyn_y
Fawn
Fawn

Post by flyn_y » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:07 pm

8:25 pm Post subject: up coming season

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NMhntr I do live in NM however I dont have my own ranch. I do help on a large ranch in central NM gathering in the fall branding in the spring ect. the only reason I know the north country is because I have lots of family from Holman, Mora,Golondrinas, and Las Vegas I am almost sure you mom or dad know them. If I was you I would not start looking for horns untill good friday thats been my general rule. (good luck)