alberta sheds

Talk anything related to Shed Hunting
hornyhunter
Fawn
Fawn

alberta sheds

Post by hornyhunter » Mon May 09, 2005 11:58 am

hello fellow shedders I am relatively new to this. I am not a hunter but my son turns 14 this year and will get his licence to hunt with my brother in law. We love walking and looking for sheds. We have found about 160 so far this year. I will try and post some pictures. please give me some feed back. I would also like to know if any one has any suggestions on keeping ticks off a person. I used off with limited success. We do love looking for sheds and are finding it quite addictive my son won't quite bugging me about the next time we are going to go out.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon May 09, 2005 4:16 pm

Hornyhunter.....sheds
Great finds, love to hear about them.
brett

shorty
2 point
2 point

Post by shorty » Mon May 09, 2005 5:33 pm

Well nice pics thanks for sharing them.Well most of them sheds look like last years horns but still nice. :2 :2

hornyhunter
Fawn
Fawn

alberta sheds

Post by hornyhunter » Tue May 10, 2005 3:45 pm

Thanks for the comments. These sheds have all been picked off the prairie we find most of them around stands of poplar trees or draws that are filled with buck brush. About 25 to 30% are new sheds and over half the sheds are 4 pointers or better. We have numerous sheds that are 22" to 27" with a couple that are over 30". I hope to go out one more time before fishing season starts we have an area that we know has never been picked should be able to pick 40 more which would put us at 200 for this year for 6 days of fun. Our worst day so far has been 14 but it was in a blizzard our best day was 58 with 3 of us walking. As I said before I am fairly new to this so if someone would have information on how to measure sheds or a web site with this info I would much appreciate. I will try to post a few more pictures if possible.

You have to do the time to find the tines!

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue May 10, 2005 4:14 pm

Would love to see more pictures! :)
Do pack a digital camera with you in the field? You could have all kinds of cool "as it lay" pics.

The Boone n Crockett website tells you how to score sheds. No different, than a regular buck really. Except you have to estimate on the width dimensions.

YoungBuck
Fawn
Fawn

Post by YoungBuck » Thu May 12, 2005 10:56 pm

Did you ever find the other side to the dead buck with one antler? Looks like you have a great spot with some awesome animals! Keep em comin!
YB

hornyhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by hornyhunter » Fri May 13, 2005 8:22 am

My son found that head and we did look for the shed with no success. I am going out this weekend . so hopefully we find it and much more. I do have more photos I will try to post them after the weedend.