Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
emberglo
Fawn
Fawn

Re: MuleyMadness Roll Call

Post by emberglo » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:37 am

Hey all!

I'm new, both to the forum and big game hunting. I live in Boise, Id.

I'm 19, a hunters safety grad, a full time college student, and a falconer. I'm really trying to make this my first deer season, and hopefully I'll have a decent shot at a buck. I am also interested in any other big game hunting too, like Elk, Moose, Pronghorn, etc. I'm glad I found this forum!

I'm exploring the possibility of hunting in Idaho Unit 39 this year. If anybody knows anything about this unit, I'd really appreciate any insite you'd be willing to give!

predator1
Fawn
Fawn

Post by predator1 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:27 pm

Hello everyone. I'm thankful for this opportunity to join your site and look forward to talking with yall. My name is Darren aka (predator1). I am from south central Kentucky. I enjoy hunting whitetail, turkey, coyote, rabbits, and just about anything the KDFWR will allow me to hunt!! I will be making my first trip out west in mid October. I'm a full blown rookie and may be in over my head, for we are going on a do-it-yourself hunt in the Big Horn Mtns in Wyoming. I look forward to learning all that I can and making new friends. If any of you on this forum are from that area or ever plan on being in mine, I would love to put a face with a name :thumb

headinwest01
Fawn
Fawn

Post by headinwest01 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:07 am

Hello to all. I'm new to the board and fairly new to western hunting. My father took me to CO when I was 14 on an elk/deer hunt. I had a blast, took my first elk, and then the real world hit. Now I'm finally getting around to making time to head west again. I've lived and hunted in AL, MS, TN, West Texas, and now reside in Louisiana. Looking forward to learning more about western hunting. Dad and I were lucky enough to draw antelope tags in WY this year and can't wait to get there. As I learn, I will be more than happy to share info with others. If you can hunt it in the south, I have probably done it and will help when I can. Great site by the way.

Good luck to everyone this fall.

sawsman
2 point
2 point

Post by sawsman » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:33 pm

Welcome aboard headinwest01

I hope you share some of those southern hunting stories with us.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing it, dosen't go away."-Philip K. Dick

Chameleon
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Chameleon » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:15 pm

Hi - thanks for all the great info on this site! I'm trying to suck it all up...I'm from Texas, and mostly enjoy bowhunting. I shoot traditional bows. I have hunted deer in Texas, Oklahoma and the East...And I've dabbled in some elk and antelope hunting, but am really getting bit by the mulie big right now. I just got back from an antelope hunt, and couldn't stop thinking about some of the mulies we saw.

Problem was, the trip was to Wyoming, and my buddies and I decided that these kinds of hunts would be much better driving than flying. So I'm looking for the best muley hunting we can drive to in a reaonable amount of time. I'm hoping to find the kind of hunt that we can sneak in at the end of the year, or beginning of new year and make a tradition of it.

Any good information about bowhunting muleys within 12 hours of Austin, TX would be greatly appreciated! The thing that has me excited is realizing that I-10 gets me into Arizona fairly quickly and easily, which expands my options beyond the New Mexico draw.

Rafterman
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Rafterman » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:33 pm

Hey guys, hailing from Las Vegas, NV. second year bowhunting mule deer. been up hunting/scouting the Ruby's without much success. can find tracks and scat, but no deer (well, bucks that is) during shooting hours. Been up camping at Angel Lake both years and cant seem to find any buck action. Beautiful scenery, trout fishing is good too. Planning to go back next year provided i can get a tag. If anyone has had some success and would contribute to getting my first buck, I'd appreciate it and would like to share some brews with ya.

hunter.erickson03
Fawn
Fawn

Post by hunter.erickson03 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:07 pm

I have been hunting since i was 6 in Alaska with my dad, i currently live in a small town in central Arizona and hunt and fish as much as possible. i hunt with both a rifle and bow and hunt small game, predators, and big game through out the state and have hunted in northwest colorado for elk and try to make it back to alaska every year to hunt and fish before school starts up again.

Arrow 4
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Arrow 4 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:55 am

Hi guys I am new to MuleyMadness. I live in Arizona and have been hunting for about 12 years now. I love Elk hunting and took a nice bull in Montana last year, I also got my first archery kill last year (Black Bear in Arizona) As far as deer hunting is concerned I have really only hunted AZ Coues Deer but am dying to bring home a Muley someday...maybe this year?

If anyone needs help for Arizona Unit 27 let me know.

Thanks

Arrow 4

BackPackerTX
Fawn
Fawn

Post by BackPackerTX » Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:29 am

Hi Guys, BackPackerTX here, I am 28 years old from Central Texas. I make my living as a police officer in a small ghetto city. I love to hunt the mountains. I have taken a bull elk, cow elk, three mule deer and three antelope. My 2010 Antelope made the book at 80". I am an avid hog hunter. I also hunt whitetail and turkey. I have two archery elk hunts planned, leaving next week. Looking forward to speaking with everyone. Anyone interested in hunting pigs in Central Texas let me know.

RisingSun
Fawn
Fawn

Post by RisingSun » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:40 pm

I'm 32 and grew up in Utah, mostly backpacking the High Uinta's. After being away for 10 years I've returned to soak up some more of this great mountain air. I'm not the great american hunter, but enjoy trying. Hunted in Utah and Texas for Mule Deer and Whitetail. Going after an Elk in the general season rifle in Utah this year. I'm an open site 8mm Mauser kind of guy. If the hunting sucks you will find me flyfishing! Thanks for the site and the info. Look forward to contributing for sure.

GW