Arizona mule deer questions

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Chameleon
Fawn
Fawn

Arizona mule deer questions

Post by Chameleon » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:06 pm

Hi - I've been bitten by the mulie bug, and would like to try to bowhunt them in the rut in AZ. I live in Texas, started looking for the best place witin 12 hour drive. New Mexico is all draw now. Colorado is kind of hard to get to. But Arizona is actually much more accessible than I thought because it is a straight shot on I-10. Seems I can get to Clifton, Safford or Wilcox AZ in under 12 hours.

What would be the best units to look at? What would be the best dates as far as rut timing goes? Is it conceivable to stay in a hotel or cabin rental, or should be be planning to camp?

I would really appreciate any advice or tips!

Thanks!

Arrow 4
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Arizona mule deer questions

Post by Arrow 4 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:23 pm

You can get an over the counter archery deer tag that will allow you to hunt many of the units in Dec. during the latter part of the rut. I can't help you out on units, allow you might look at the southern portion of unit 27.

hunter.erickson03
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Arizona mule deer questions

Post by hunter.erickson03 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:34 pm

37B is has some nice deer in it specially along the gila river. But i thing it may be a little farther in to Az then you want to travel. But the Jan. season has some nice units for deer also like unit 23 and unit 27.