Archery dove and Quail

Ducks, Geese, Turkeys, Quail, Chickens, Grouse, Doves, etc.
hunter.erickson03
Fawn
Fawn

Archery dove and Quail

Post by hunter.erickson03 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:00 pm

I was wondering if anyone had a suggestions on arrow tips for hunting quail and dove.

waspocrew
4 point
4 point

Re: Archery dove and Quail

Post by waspocrew » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:54 am

I haven't used this before, but I've seen a product called the Snaro Bird Point. You can find it on cabelas website under "specialty broadheads". It seems like it would do a good job. Sounds like a fun challenge!

hunter.erickson03
Fawn
Fawn

Post by hunter.erickson03 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:34 am

Thanks i will have to go and check those out. i had heard people talk about it but didnt know anyone who has done it and its going to be a fun challange with or without taking any birds.

waspocrew
4 point
4 point

Post by waspocrew » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:41 pm

In the past, I used some "judo" points around my house, but that was just for practice. After reading some reviews, these seem to do the trick for birds in flight. It'd be tough, but way fun. I did see that someone suggested using slightly longer arrows to that the tip can clear your sights.

stewberd23
Spike
Spike

Post by stewberd23 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:12 pm

My friend has an arrow designed for shooting birds its called a fou fou arrow or something its got really big fletchings and after like 50 yards of flight its supposed to drop, i don't know if he has ever used it the one he got it didn't come with an insert and it was an aluminum arrow and he hasn't got the right insert for it yet. But its pretty cool he got it from Jakes Archery
Do Work

hunter.erickson03
Fawn
Fawn

Post by hunter.erickson03 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:52 pm

thanks everyone this helps me out alot. i wanted to try something more challenging than a shotgun. i think im gonna go and get the tips and try and find the arrows and i will let everyone know how it worked for me. thanks for the help everyone

zachvu
Spike
Spike

Post by zachvu » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:07 pm

I've only done it once, but just a good ole target tip did the job real nicely! The bowfishing arrows may work too, as it would give you a much better chance at retrieval. It may end up hung up in the trees too though...just a few ideas!