This will take you back a few years

Talk related to anything & everything.
paladin
Spike
Spike

This will take you back a few years

Post by paladin » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:29 pm

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun . . . it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."

Thomas Jefferson, 1785

ABert

Re: This will take you back a few years

Post by ABert » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:01 pm

Many folks may look back on the 60's as a nostalgic time. I do as I was born in '64 but I know a little about history. The 60's were probably the most turbulant decade in the history of this country. A lot of good and a lot of bad. Possibly more history made in this country that caused changed than in the entire history of the country.

The link was a good representation for the most part. I still remember being in grade school and being taught what to do in case nukes started flying into the area.

And, for the most part, the music can not be beat! Both on the Rock side and the Country side.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Re: This will take you back a few years

Post by one hunting fool » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:10 pm

+1 Abert. Although the music is the begging of rock and roll and the passion of the youth is a strong influence in the way things are today. Such as the hippy movement raising their children to believe "everyone gets a trophy" philosophy. there are no winners or losers everyone is equal and no one is special so why try to achieve anything. I am a strong believer that the make love not war movement is what will be the end of this country. Some say we are just evolved in our thinking unfortunatly for us our enemies are beggining to see weekness. As soon as the fighting generation is gone I fear what will happen.
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.