Dog shot with Deer Hunting Arrow

Talk related to anything & everything.
elklover
Spike
Spike

Dog shot with Deer Hunting Arrow

Post by elklover » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:35 am

Someone shot a deer hunting arrow into a DeKalb County family's beloved pet and now police are searching for the culprit.

Kirby Vanderyt's black Lab named Obsidian Rose, or Siddie for short, is recovering at the University of Georgia's Small Animal Hospital after doctors there removed the arrow.
Attachments
Dog_arrow.jpg
Dog_arrow.jpg (55.35 KiB) Viewed 6112 times
Find Best Exotic Deer hunting options.

sawsman
2 point
2 point

Re: Dog shot with Deer Hunting Arrow

Post by sawsman » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:09 pm

Jerk! Hope they catch the culprit/s. If they've done it once, they've probably did it before or will do it again.
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing it, dosen't go away."-Philip K. Dick

dahlmer
Monster
Monster

Post by dahlmer » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:46 am

Was the dog in the families yard or somewhere else? Is there anymore information on this story?

derekp1999
4 point
4 point

Post by derekp1999 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:52 pm

I recently picked up 34 piles of dog crap from my front yard... and I don't have a dog. I know which neighborhood pooches are leaving me the afforementioned "presents," and I would be lying if I said that I hadn't considered a similar "solution" to my problem. But deep dpwn in my heart I never could do that.
“The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.”
-Albus Dumbledore

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:25 pm

A coworker of mine has an easy solution for that. He doesn't like to pick up dog crap even though he has a dog. When he wants the yard cleand up he cooks a couple of pounds of bacon and then goes out and pours the grease on the turds and by the next morning his yard is completly clean of crap. :thumb
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Post by ridgetop » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:34 pm

I don't know what the whole story is either, so I'll hold judgement.
I do know people need to keep track of their animals and keep them on a lease if not on their own property.
I once knew of someone who used this type of control on tresspassing cats.
There's always next year

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:41 pm

a_bow_nut wrote:A coworker of mine has an easy solution for that. He doesn't like to pick up dog crap even though he has a dog. When he wants the yard cleand up he cooks a couple of pounds of bacon and then goes out and pours the grease on the turds and by the next morning his yard is completly clean of crap. :thumb
dude- thats friekin' funny! i'm frying bacon as we speak:) (just kidding)

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:55 am

I thought that he was just pulling my leg untill I went over there one day and there he was doing his "yard work". Had a nice bacon sandwich that afternoon.

lol
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

southwind
Monster
Monster

Post by southwind » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:26 pm

I too would need to know the story. An area I hunt has a couple of coon hounds from a neighbor some two miles away that stray from home and chase deer. They were chasing deer on this property during the rifle opener this year ruining the days hunt for several. Now, the owner has been contacted and asked to keep their animals secured several times to no avail. Honestly, I am a dog owner and love dogs but if one of these pooches come by me in the field they are done. This or being threatened by an animal would be the only reason I would shoot a dog.