Wyoming 24 Green Mtn.

Talk Anything related to Elk Hunting
muzzhunter
Spike
Spike

Wyoming 24 Green Mtn.

Post by muzzhunter » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:42 pm

Just getting ready to head out for the rifle hunt. Things haven't gone together too well this year with the wife getting a job and me having the kids nights and on the weekends so I haven't made it up there yet. I'm headed up early to do a few days scouting before the shooting begins though. Anyone have any advise they'd be willing to share. Places to camp, areas to try, even places to avoid? Just thought I'd give it a shot before I leave in hopes of getting a last bit of info.
Thanks,
Dave

9er
Monster
Monster

Re: Wyoming 24 Green Mtn.

Post by 9er » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:30 pm

Good luck, wish I had info for you. I have thought about applying for this hunt
Watch your top knot!

Tyewire
2 point
2 point

Post by Tyewire » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:10 pm

Is this the Green Mt. by Muddy Gap and north of Rawlins? If so I camped on the north side and saw elk. Roads are rough!
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

muzzhunter
Spike
Spike

Post by muzzhunter » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:52 pm

It was a tough hunt. Missed my chance at a bull in some thick timber (hit a tree). My 6 year old was with me and forced my hand on my shot that I missed. He was getting antsy and the bull knew something was up and was held up in some thick timber. I had a small window through the trees and took the shot. Smacked a tree and the bull was off. Thought we'd see more elk. There were a lot of hunters out. I think I should have waited till next week, but it's too late now. It's beautiful country and we had a good time. If any of you draw 24 in the future I'd be willing to share the little bit I learned about the unit. Good luck to the rest of you guys out there.
Dave