IT"S TIME!!!

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

IT"S TIME!!!

Post by Springville Shooter » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:17 pm

Allright.....time to fire it up. Virtually everyone has their tags in hand and from what I have seen, there are bucks everywhere. Time to wake up and start getting ready for the blessing of another great fall. For me and mine, this is the season of the Pronghorn with two buck tags and a doe tag in hand. I will also be hunting with a muzzy for the first time ever in the hills of Utah. In my travels around the west I have been seening really good numbers of bucks especially in northern Utah. What say you all?-----SS
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

dahlmer
Monster
Monster

Re: IT"S TIME!!!

Post by dahlmer » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:04 am

Sounds like you have a good fall planned out SS.

I've got a deer tag in Wyoming that I'll be hunting in September and October as well as a Utah rifle tag. Looking at trying to pick up a reasonably priced Colorado 3rd season tag if possible.

If I get the itch I may pick up a spike tag as well and hunt it with my muzzleloader.

gizmo1
2 point
2 point

Post by gizmo1 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:59 pm

The wait is killin me I am soooooo ready for Sept first to get here.
Romans 13: 1-4

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Post by ridgetop » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:15 pm

I just need work to slow down a little so I can get out and look around. Maybe in a couple weeks.
There's always next year

CaHntr
Spike
Spike

Post by CaHntr » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:26 pm

I have an archery deer tag for Utah.

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:14 am

I have the general deer tag for MT.
I'll be going after a grown up Muley. :thumb

huntingal
Spike
Spike

Post by huntingal » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:46 am

I didn't draw any tags this year, but I have my "hunt of a lifetime" coming up. I am headed to Alaska to hunt Dall Sheep with my brother in law in August. =D>

JBird
Monster
Monster

Post by JBird » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:34 pm

August 17th can't get here soon enough. Then my dad has a muzzle loader elk tag on the Pauns and if I'm lucky I'll have an AZ tag in my pocket for Nov.

firefighterbraun
3 point
3 point

Post by firefighterbraun » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:38 pm

I have been ready for months already! lol Been shooting bows everyday, been scouting pretty regularly, now just need August 17th to hurry and get here! My wife and I both drew dedicated hunter tags so looking forward to that! Plus drew Wyoming antelope tags and then picked up an any bull tag just to fill in the time in between the other hunts! So should be a fun hunting season! Buck numbers are doing better than last year but still not what they used to be in comparison to just a couple years ago down in my area. But hopefully those numbers will continue to climb and get back to what it was like a couple years ago.

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:47 pm

firefighterbraun wrote:I have been ready for months already! lol Been shooting bows everyday, been scouting pretty regularly, now just need August 17th to hurry and get here! My wife and I both drew dedicated hunter tags so looking forward to that! Plus drew Wyoming antelope tags and then picked up an any bull tag just to fill in the time in between the other hunts! So should be a fun hunting season! Buck numbers are doing better than last year but still not what they used to be in comparison to just a couple years ago down in my area. But hopefully those numbers will continue to climb and get back to what it was like a couple years ago.

Amen!!
I am currently working in Boise Id and drive back and forth a couple times each week. I usually hit Snowville at primetime in the morning headed out and primetime in the evening coming home. I count at least a dozen bucks each trip from the freeway. A couple are real nice. I'm not sure what is public and private, but if the hillside with the radio towers on top is public then someone with a tag needs to check that area out. :thumb. I love seeing all the animals. What a great way to kick off and finish up a work trip.----SS
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen