Sitka or KUIU gear

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
muleywannabe
2 point
2 point

Sitka or KUIU gear

Post by muleywannabe » Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:46 am

I have a couple of hunts this year in Colorado. Thought about buying some new light weight gear. your thoughts on what to go with? I will pick up some pants, lightweight top and a vest probably. may go with merino wool under layers as well but I am hunting mainly in the foot hills with a few trips to the top of the mountain.

BOHNTR

Re: Sitka or KUIU gear

Post by BOHNTR » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:45 pm

I own both.....and I prefer the Kuiu for durability, warmth, and scent control. Great gear......and a bit cheaper that Sitka. However, both are quality gear.
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

TexasHunter83
2 point
2 point

Post by TexasHunter83 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:18 pm

Been having the same dilemma myself. Been trying to decide between Under Armour and Sitka. Sitka is really expensive and I'm having a hard time justifying spending $300+ for a jacket. I've been debating going with the new Under Armour Ridge Reaper Jacket and Pants. I have the Cold Gear base layers already so I'm looking for something light, but warm. Let me know what you decide. It might help me make my decision... lol

Scott702
2 point
2 point

Post by Scott702 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:05 pm

I have sitka gear, and I can vouch for its effectiveness! It blends great!! and it can take a beating! it has me hooked!