Badlands 2200

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
Tyselby17
Spike
Spike

Badlands 2200

Post by Tyselby17 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:34 pm

I am looking to get the badlands 2200 pack and am just looking to see the thoughts of anyone who had used this pack. How is it for hauling out a meat. I know it says it will hold a bow, but just curious if it actually does a decent job of that as well? Thanks for your opinions!

stillhunterman
2 point
2 point

Re: Badlands 2200

Post by stillhunterman » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:05 pm

The 2200 is a great pack, and will do all it claims to. It's a bit on the heavy side for me, but that's because I have bad knees, shoulders and a bad back... :>/ I'm opting for the lightweight packs these days, and using the youngun's to do most of the meat packin' :thumb

NH Hunter
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Badlands 2200

Post by NH Hunter » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:01 am

I have been using mine for a long time, maybe 8 or 9 years. I love it. It carries a load (like a boned out hind quarter) really well. I don't have much to compare it to as my old pack was a Cabela's Elite and it isn't half the pack the Badlands is. The only thing I do wrong with mine is I put too much in it. :) By the middle of the week I'm pulling stuff out that I never should have packed in the first place. The handle stitching blew out on mine and I haven't had it fixed. I never think of it until I need it. I never use the meat shelf. I always just put it in the top. I wouldn't want one bigger or smaller. I would also get a spare waist belt fastex buckle set for it. Mine broke on the first day of the season and I had to rig up the waist belt and could never get it tight enough. Badlands sent me a free replacement. Of course I had to pack an elk out of a hole that year. A spare buckle set would have saved me some grief.
Gregg

Elk, Deer, Bear, Turkey...and someday....Moose