Time for a WT Pic?

Talk anything related to Whitetail or Coues Deer
waynedevore

Re: Time for a WT Pic?

Post by waynedevore » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:15 am

Randy, good the hear from you. Strange Winter we're having in N MN isn't it. I have not had to shovel or plow snow yet.
Congrats on your WY hunt, great area the Big Horns. Plans for Fall hunts yet?

MNbogboy
Spike
Spike

Post by MNbogboy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:03 pm

Our winter has given us little snow too which is exactly what the doctor ordered for the sparse whitetail herds left from the past two extreme winters (I believe even the wolves have applied for food stamps).
Haven't made any plans yet but definitely will go somewhere....I have four antelope points in WY but haven't totally decided to use them yet....
WI Hunter Education Instructor since 1984.
Be safe and courteous and your luck will be great.

MNbogboy
Spike
Spike

Post by MNbogboy » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:22 pm

How did it go this year Wayne?
This year things were still slow in MN & WI but we did have some luck...The best part is that my 10 year old grand daughter, Kyra, shot her first deer a nice fat WI whitetail doe...
My middle son John picked up a pretty good 10 pointer in WI and My oldest son Jim shot a good mulie out west...John and I filled our Wy tags with a couple of smaller mulies....My youngest son Mike shot a 6 pointer from my opener stand the next week and I shot a pretty decent 10 from his opener stand also on the second week....The mulie shed that Jim found in the picture scored in the 90s gross...Never saw a brow that long on a mulie!
Later,
Randy
Attachments
2015 West, Minnesota & Wisconsin
2015 West, Minnesota & Wisconsin
f_pic.jpg (44.9 KiB) Viewed 17942 times

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:18 am

Randy, What a great season you guys had! Good deer and a lot of memories made.
An extra "fist bump" to your 10 year old grand daughter!

I had a extra good Fall in 016, being fully retired as of Aug I spent as much time as I could handle doing outdoor adventures.:)
Lots of bird hunting in MT. A decent 10 pt White Tail in MT and another in MN, so we have a supply of Venison.
Wife and I and the two bird dogs are spending the Winter at the Texas Gulf Coast. Doing a lot of fishing and eating lots of fish.

MNbogboy
Spike
Spike

Post by MNbogboy » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:51 pm

You are making me jealous Wayne...Winter is getting old here and it really isn't that bad of a winter...the fishing & fish sounds great...My wife and I took a "short" vacation the first part of December to the Florida pan handle to visit grandkids, daughter & S.I.L.....No fishing though...weather was great...But I'd rather be in WY or MT!!!
No retirement here yet but everyday is a little closer...either retirement or grave!...Looking forward to shed hunting..
Later,
Randy