Any body still hunt with a traditional

Talk Anything related to Muzzleloader
UtahRob
4 point
4 point

Post by UtahRob » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:06 pm

The idea of the in-line isn't new . The basic concept has been around since the 1800's . So either way you are your still shooting a weapon that is some what traditional !! :-k We need to stick together and injoy the seasons we DO have . :thumb :thumb

callofthewild
2 point
2 point

Post by callofthewild » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:12 pm

UtahRob wrote:The idea of the in-line isn't new . The basic concept has been around since the 1800's . So either way you are your still shooting a weapon that is some what traditional !! :-k We need to stick together and injoy the seasons we DO have . :thumb :thumb
i agree that inlines are not a new concept. just wondering what does everyone think about the new electra from cva? i do not like the electric ignition idea at all that is part of the mystique about the muzzy hunt wondering if it will fire or not when the time comes.

UtahRob
4 point
4 point

Post by UtahRob » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:50 am

callofthewild wrote:
UtahRob wrote:The idea of the in-line isn't new . The basic concept has been around since the 1800's . So either way you are your still shooting a weapon that is some what traditional !! :-k We need to stick together and injoy the seasons we DO have . :thumb :thumb
i agree that inlines are not a new concept. just wondering what does everyone think about the new electra from cva? i do not like the electric ignition idea at all that is part of the mystique about the muzzy hunt wondering if it will fire or not when the time comes.
My son Cody was reading a test were they got The Electra wet and it would not fire , but the wet guns that had 209 primers did. I have had my guns very wet and never had a problem . In very damp or cold weather i do unload and re-load my gun every evening thought . I don't want to have a buck of a life time in my sights and have a no fire.

UtahRob
4 point
4 point

Post by UtahRob » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:15 am

????
I would not own one but !!
With the CVA Electra , how do you make SURE that it will not accidentally go off , no primmer to remove . :>/ Remove the battery i guess !! Here in Utah you are supposed to remove your primer when in a vehicle . So i guess you take the battery out Evey time !! I just don't like the idea of a electric ignition . I would not trust it !! I don't have good luck with electronic devices , Cameras , flash lights , you name it , they ALLWAYS give ME a problem . I also just don't like the whole idea of it being electric !! :>/ :>/

brine
Fawn
Fawn

Post by brine » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:49 am

If anyone wants to see some really quality TRADITIONAL ML's go to track of the wolf's site and look at the quality guns they sell for other people. Some of them are up to $10,000. I'm not soliciting for them, it's just an interesting site to see some TRADITIONAL MUZZLELOADERS rather than seeing something that runs with batteries or shotgun primers.

callofthewild
2 point
2 point

Post by callofthewild » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:58 pm

i think cva has gone way over board on this one i would not feel safe carring that gun around at all. shotgun primers or not it really comes down to you have one shot make it count and have a blast while doing it.

UtahRob
4 point
4 point

Post by UtahRob » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:03 pm

brine wrote:If anyone wants to see some really quality TRADITIONAL ML's go to track of the wolf's site and look at the quality guns they sell for other people. Some of them are up to $10,000. I'm not soliciting for them, it's just an interesting site to see some TRADITIONAL MUZZLELOADERS rather than seeing something that runs with batteries or shotgun primers.

here is the link !!

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/(S(rnvvm245lhovqx45wfkpytzv))/categories/catList.aspx?catID=13

brine
Fawn
Fawn

Post by brine » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:40 pm

If you click on the specific gun you want to see it will give you closeup pictures. For highpriced guns look at the flintlock, highly decorated guns.

M.Bird
3 point
3 point

Post by M.Bird » Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:03 am

For all the Traditional ML hunters that would like a season for Flint lock, Percussion cap, loaders
Look at New Mexico, No inline, No optics, Must use loose powder No pellets.
Some pretty good deer in the areas

M. Bird
:tz