T/C Encore ProHunter

Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
skinner
Fawn
Fawn

T/C Encore ProHunter

Post by skinner » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:35 am

I would like your thought's on the pro hunter i plan on buying one in centerfire proubly 270 cal.Just like to know if anyone has one and what you think of it Thank's

skinner
A bad hunting is better than a good day at work

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:11 am

Skinner, I don't know anything about T/C Encore Center fire. So I Googled it up to learn something. Lots of information. Sounds and looks like a good rifle to me.

Say Mike, I like Your avatar. Do You have a closer look?

Wayne

skinner
Fawn
Fawn

Post by skinner » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:56 am

Hey Wayne thank's for checking on the encore.I will post a couple pic's down the white tail fourm.

Mike

M.Bird
3 point
3 point

Post by M.Bird » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:57 am

Skinner:
What fun you can have with an Encore: Good rifles, not sure what you will expect out of them in the way of accuracy, one of the first things is get the trigger fixed. If mechanically inclined, you can do it your self. See a lot of people put new stocks on them, lots of thumbhole stocks (personal choice). Caution: you can find lots of barrels with new calibers, you may end up with to many barrels (not sure if that bad, but hurts the wallet at times) with each new barrel you will need a scope to go with it.

They are fun to shoot and good to hunt with.

Aim small Miss small

Best wishes

M. Bird

skinner
Fawn
Fawn

Post by skinner » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:32 am

M.Bird Thank you for info on the encore.Trigger not a problem.Accuracy please tell what you can any help would be appericated i,m looking for a good group out of the gun.

Mike

M.Bird
3 point
3 point

Post by M.Bird » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:09 am

I have not seen a TC that will shoot sub ½ MOA right out of the box. The barrel that comes with it will deliver just over MOA to 2MOA, depending on what bullet weight you are shooting, barrel vibration is another issue, and you must float your barrel. Even with a 2 pc rifle you need to clear all the spots that the barrel is making contact with the wood when you are holding/resting the rifle. Your lock-up might have a little extra room creating a large gap for you bullet to jump. You can purchase a larger pin that will tighten up your action (sets the barrel closer to the block when closing). With everything set right I have seen TC shoot ½ MOA or smaller.
For your trigger work Mr. Bellm has a web sight that you can download step by step on doing this. http://www.bellmtcs.com/

If you do purchase on, make sure you get the caliber that you will use most. Look at the distance you will be shooting, what type of vegetation you will be hunting in, and weather conditions. Will the rifle be scoped or open sights? You always can add a barrel for other species later.

Have fun

V/R
M. Bird

Aim small Miss small

skinner
Fawn
Fawn

Post by skinner » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:27 am

M.Bird wrote:I have not seen a TC that will shoot sub ½ MOA right out of the box. The barrel that comes with it will deliver just over MOA to 2MOA, depending on what bullet weight you are shooting, barrel vibration is another issue, and you must float your barrel. Even with a 2 pc rifle you need to clear all the spots that the barrel is making contact with the wood when you are holding/resting the rifle. Your lock-up might have a little extra room creating a large gap for you bullet to jump. You can purchase a larger pin that will tighten up your action (sets the barrel closer to the block when closing). With everything set right I have seen TC shoot ½ MOA or smaller.
For your trigger work Mr. Bellm has a web sight that you can download step by step on doing this. http://www.bellmtcs.com/

If you do purchase on, make sure you get the caliber that you will use most. Look at the distance you will be shooting, what type of vegetation you will be hunting in, and weather conditions. Will the rifle be scoped or open sights? You always can add a barrel for other species later.

Have fun

V/R
M. Bird

Aim small Miss small
The rifle i plan on buying is the pro hunter in 270 it will be scoped the range could be anywere from 25 to 300 yard's mostly used for whitetail's but i do want 1/2 or smaller group's at 100 yard's thank you very much for your info.

Mike