need some help from the great state of CO.

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
callofthewild
2 point
2 point

need some help from the great state of CO.

Post by callofthewild » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:55 pm

i have been looking on the colorado wildlife site and have requested a proclamation and application packet. my question to you all is where in the state offers the best opportunity to bag a trophy quality mule deer doe?

ABert

Re: need some help from the great state of CO.

Post by ABert » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:34 pm

I'd have to say any unit that you can draw a doe tag in. Plenty of big ol' does throughout the state.
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:21 pm

Call of the wild, "a trophy doe". lol We have killed a few of them over the years, 12" ears are kind of rare but if you hunt hard you can find some. Matter of fact one of my huntin partners, Cort (known on MM as All American Boy) is one of the most successful "trophy doe killers in the west". Most of the big ones live in the the high desert country. Meeker, Rifle and Craig are good areas. With the new reduced priced doe tags, I'd look at those units by the Flattops. Let us know if we can further assist you. Seriously if you want to kill some does, Craig, Meeker & Rifle are hard to beat. They just came out with 76 dollar doe tags for non-residents in units by the Flattops.
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:38 pm

Somthings fishy here "WILD" :))

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:46 pm

Ah i have seen many does in my life time. I just love STIRRING them into the stew pot though. :)) lol
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

silvertip-co
2 point
2 point

Post by silvertip-co » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:33 pm

http://wildlife.state.co.us/RulesRegs/R ... igGame.htm

Does, anywhere west of I-25 is good. The doe to buck ratio is about 75:1 by my counts. I'm sure DOW disagrees. Event he leftover leftover doe tags are good. Kinda silly even to draw for them.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM
NRA LIFE MEMBER

9er
Monster
Monster

Post by 9er » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:57 pm

IMO colorado has the best doe hunting in the west,

if i was you, i would apply for a pref. point as my 1st choice, then do a "decent" doe hunt as your 2nd choice, that way in 4-5 yrs, you will be able to draw one of the premier doe units in the west!! :)

9er
Watch your top knot!

callofthewild
2 point
2 point

Post by callofthewild » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:37 pm

9er wrote:IMO colorado has the best doe hunting in the west,

if i was you, i would apply for a pref. point as my 1st choice, then do a "decent" doe hunt as your 2nd choice, that way in 4-5 yrs, you will be able to draw one of the premier doe units in the west!! :)

9er
so what i gather is that colorado has a unit like the henries for deer i am looking for a 26" spread ear to ear. i need a big ole doe to put on the wall next to my 215 buck so he can have someone to talk to. lately he has not been getting along too well with the antelope i am going to have to separate them. and the other two i have on the wall just egg it on.

9er
Monster
Monster

Post by 9er » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:44 pm

callofthewild wrote:
9er wrote:IMO colorado has the best doe hunting in the west,

9er
so what i gather is that colorado has a unit like the henries for deer i am looking for a 26" spread ear to ear. i need a big ole doe to put on the wall next to my 215 buck so he can have someone to talk to. lately he has not been getting along too well with the antelope i am going to have to separate them. and the other two i have on the wall just egg it on.

Well, i can tell you why the buck on your wall is getting fiesty, can you imagine going thru the rut without "anyone"!!! thats his problem :)

Good luck on your quest for the 1 mount you really want, but remeber, colorado has the deer to get it. hang in there

9er
Watch your top knot!

Coloradobuck
Monster
Monster

Post by Coloradobuck » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:50 pm

unit 35 has huge bucks. just got to be able to hike. and a doe is every unit
“Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway”-john wayne