WOULD YOU HUNT WOLVES??????

Talk anything related to predators.
Coloradobuck
Monster
Monster

Re: WOULD YOU HUNT WOLVES??????

Post by Coloradobuck » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:14 am

i said this before. wolves are good in some areas. if you get to many of them then its bad. but wolves are elks and deers natural predetorsnow in yellow stone thats to many wolves. but a small number of wolves is proven to be good for the wildlife. they take out the sick the weak the old the injured. so im siden with jersey boy on this one.
“Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway”-john wayne

Houndy
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Houndy » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:21 am

If the Wolfs only take out the sick the weak the old the injured then yes I would agree. But for those of you that live down were there are no wolf don't under stand. Every week end I go out I see this they kill just for the sport not for food. Do you suport poachers I don't thinks so, so then why would you suport wolfs. They got wiped out from the old timers for a reason. There will be a day that will come when the suporters on here for wolfs will under stand when they have nothing more to hunt. The hunts here in Idaho have already been shorten this year because of the wolf so ask you self again if you would shoot a wolf.

Mack Daddy Muley
Spike
Spike

Post by Mack Daddy Muley » Fri May 30, 2008 3:31 pm

As my signature says "SAVE A MULE DEER, KILL A WOLF!" ALL THEY ARE TO ME IS A WILD DOG THAT KILLS FOR FUN JUST LIKE A DOMESTIC DOG WOULD! K I L L T H E M A L L!!!!!!!!! LET HUNTERS KEEP DOWN THE ELK NUMBERS, NOT WOLVES!! =D>
"Save a Mule Deer, Kill a Wolf!"

jersey boy
2 point
2 point

Post by jersey boy » Sat May 31, 2008 1:11 pm

give me proof that they kill for sport thats the dumbest thing i've ever heard once again keeping the population under control is completely understandable i agree with that. But kill em all c'mon now think about that why would you do that they are good for the environment when they are in controlled numbers. Whoever said stop watching tree hugger tv shows so discovery channel is now a tree hugger sitcom so now everyone knows so everyone stop being hard headed and listen to what im saying.
im a jersey boy becomin a utah boy!!!

Hiker

Post by Hiker » Sat May 31, 2008 2:18 pm

Jersey boy, Click through this slide show.

http://wolf.rliv.com/wolf_002.htm
Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

Mack Daddy Muley
Spike
Spike

Post by Mack Daddy Muley » Sat May 31, 2008 2:35 pm

DID YOU WATCH IT JERSEY BOY...... GEE, I GUESS THAT ALL THOSE ELK WERE JUST SICK HUH. WONDER WHY THEY DIDN'T EAT THEM.. THEY KILL FOR FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KILL THE WOLVES FOR FUN THEN HUH!!!!!!! WHOSE WITH ME!!!!

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Sat May 31, 2008 7:08 pm

Ya Jersey Boy after looking through that slide show who do you think is being hard headed now?
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

supersider34
Spike
Spike

Post by supersider34 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:03 pm

I live in Idaho and have seen wolves in my hunting areas and I continue to hunt them and I am pretty successful with it.
But I am not for or against the wolf. I will get a tag and fill my tag every chance I get. Just another hunting season I will have.
But the one thing I do think is stupid is the ignorance and the closed minds of anyone on a debate that two sides will fight and bring into there own facts about an issue. That link that was shown or attached up a few replies. Something about showing elk and deer allegedly killed by wolves. Come on guys you are hunters and can pick up sign of what is true and what is not. Where are the throats, ham strings or any other signs of a wolf tearing or killing them. I will agree some of these animals may have been killed and eaten them. Look at most of the animals more than likely died of starvation and the birds pecked at them. No tracks around them with the fresh blood around.
Then you have the kill them all mentality. wtc is that ? Most guys that I have talked to about this with the same mentality is the ones where I have game hanging in camp and they come into camp saying the same thing but they are either on a 4 wheeler or driving the roads. But at least I try to talk to them and explain if they where to get out or off and do a little hiking they could find the game. But then again if we where to kill them all when will the season be for us to hunt them? I want another animal to hunt here in Idaho. Just means one more reason why I like Idaho.
Just remember one TRUE FACT about wolves is they co exist in Canada with 1000's and 1000's in the wild and look at the trophy animals that come out of those area's.Plus they get to hunt wolves. What a concept. Also another thing to remember once the first shot gets fired at a pack you will more than likely never get another shot at that pack again. They will get smarter like all other animals do with the more hunters there are.
But to answer the question of this post.
Count me in on a wolf tag when it comes.

Mack Daddy Muley
Spike
Spike

Post by Mack Daddy Muley » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:41 pm

Here is why many of us have the kill em all logic. Time and time again we have seen them mutilate elk and deer for fun, and these are not timberwolves that were reinturduced in idaho, the wolves released are not even native to this country side. Most are tired of seeing it and hearing about it happening. The deer numbers are on the decline anyway, without the wolves hunting them down. Bad timing on the feds part is most of the problem. The wolves were reintroduced into a different time where there are more roads and people in the back country, not like the way it once was. There is less room for both the elk, deer and wolves to cohabitate. This means the elk have less places to hide to get away which means more wolf kills. Domestic dogs kill and chase for fun... so what would stop a wolf. They are both canines are they not. Heck, domestic cats kill for fun. Ever see a house cat kill a mouse and just play with it. Its not hungry, just wants to play. Now this is where the problem comes into play with the wolves. There are not enough elk and deer and country side for the wolves to kill for fun, just as other canine and feline do. The wolves will never survive in a cow grazing, home building, road building society we live in today. There is just simply not enough room for it all to work. There is half the back country that there once was. That to me is why there should be no wolves in the lower 48.

supersider34
Spike
Spike

Post by supersider34 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:20 pm

One thing more is I can not wait till the tags come out because I can not wait to hear the next excuses come out why no one gets a elk or deer or whatever. I hear every year from numerous people about the area's they hunt are over run by wolves. How they see them. I have told them if they see a wolf two the three times on hunting trips up close and personal then when the tags come out they better be showing me pics of them with a wolf and 9 times out of 10 the guys shut up.
I hunt and have many successful seasons in wolf infested area's. So maybe in other area's they are worse than the one I am in. Have yet to come upon mass numbers of just dead or wantoned killed animals. But who knows maybe one of these years the wolves in my area will decide to just start killing for the fun or it and run out of there food source.
But like I said I am not for or against just hate listening to ignorance of people. I did meet the guy for that website over at the archery shop and the guy was a ignorant *&^. Tried to push his BS on me and my wife. That is one guy that I would never ask to head up anything for me or a cause. A total idiot. Might mean alot to people that can not think for themselves. He got right in my face and my wifes and told us we where wrong on what we thought. Made me realize why I join no clubs.
Good luck this season as mine is planned and hopefully I will have some wolf pics to post.