Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
wesleypipes
Fawn
Fawn

Re: MuleyMadness Roll Call

Post by wesleypipes » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:12 pm

My name is Wes,
I am an avid hunter, now living in Southern California. I've been hunting for 25+ years now, and really enjoy pig and mule deer hunting. I regularly hunt California and Idaho on self guided hunts where I have been fairly sucessfull throughout the years. I recently found this site while searching for information on zones I drew this year. This year I lucked out and drew Utah Book Cliffs Mule Deer Muzzleloader, New Mexico Unit 16A Bull Elk Rifle and Colorado Unit 70 Mule Deer 3rd Season Rifle. I can't wait to pick through the Archives on this site to gain any type of information that might help me on this years hunts and lend any of my knowledge gained from these areas or previously hunted areas to other forum members. Any type of information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Wes

CodeRED
3 point
3 point

Post by CodeRED » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:05 pm

Book Cliffs is an awesome tag to have Wes, hopefully someone can steer you in a good direction with it. Welcome to the forums btw.
"Mathews DXT @ 62lbs, G5 Optix XR, Shaffer rest, Fuse Carbon Connexion stabilizer and G5 Montec CS's in front of GoldTip Prohunter 5575's = More meat in my Freezer"
-Cody-

dfowler08x
Fawn
Fawn

Post by dfowler08x » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:12 pm

Hello My name is Dave and Im from Oregon. Im married with no kids yet. I enjoy spring bear, elk and deer hunting in my home state. I enjoy hunting with my father and couple other hunting buddies. Im recently getting into the draw processes of a couple other western states. I 50/50 rifle and bow hunt. It seems my luck at drawing tags isnt the greatest so hopefully that changes soon. ](*,) What I like about this site is the information that is given and received. I hope to help people out on their hunts. Thanks for creating a great site.

Dave

Contractor
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Contractor » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:56 am

Hi, Im 47 yrs old, married with children living in S Florida. Im from MI moved to Fl 10yrs ago. I hunted white tail Deer for years and started hunting waterfowel. After I start hunting waterfowel didnt do much deer hunting. Wife would have kill me. I was hunter every day in WF season. Havnt done any hunting in 1o yrs. Going to Wyoming in nov with my Father and Son. Hope I can get some advise. Cant wait to get back into Hunting.

Ken

younggunner13
Fawn
Fawn

Post by younggunner13 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:26 pm

i am 29 years old from Moses Lake washington i have been deer hunting and duck hunting since 13 i love it and live it all year long this will be my first year with a bow i feel like a kid again i cant wait till september

AZMuleyStalker
Fawn
Fawn

Post by AZMuleyStalker » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:47 am

Hello. I am 33 yrs old from Arizona. I have been hunting since I was 16. Self-taught the whole way as my family was non-hunters. Grew up in Wisconsin chasing the big bodied white-tails and yotes. Moved to AZ approximately 6 years ago and have been chasing the Desert Mule Deer ever since. I am addicted to bow hunting as my wife would say, but it is just a passion I tell her.....that is still up for debate in my house. I like to rilfe hunt also, but bow hunting is still the best.
Just wanted to say thank you to all the administrators and fellow hunters on this site. I have been on other Mule Deer sites but this one is the best by far. Thanks again and I look forward to sharing info and just talkin hunting....

Brian

heman
Fawn
Fawn

Post by heman » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:58 pm

Born and raised in Southern Utah. I've been hunting for as long as I can remember. This would include countless hours of sitting at my Dad's side without a gun or tag, listening to him chomp away on pine nuts while watching the face of a canyon side. I only hunted rifle for the first many years, but took up archery about 4 years ago as it became harder and harder to draw a general hunt tag, and I began to hunt less and less. Hunting with my Dad and Brothers over the years has given me some of the best memories that I'll never forget. Having kids of my own now and being 33 years old, I want to give my kids memories like my Dad and Brothers have given me. In addition, when I'm able to get away from the busy things in life and spend time away in the hills, I'm reminded of my younger brother who left this life to young. I'm thankful for one of the last memories I have of him before he died. Seeing him walk from the thick of the trees with blood up to his elbows similar to the color of his bright red hair. He couldn't wipe the smile from his face as he took us to his first kill. A respectable 4 point, and the last hunt for him on this earth. This, I will never forget. A BIG THANKS to all the Dad's, or whoever it be, who took the time to take us hunting. I'm excited to become part of this site and forum, and have already learned so much from all of you. I can't wait to learn more and hunt more.

azLT
Fawn
Fawn

Post by azLT » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:20 am

Hello,
I am form AZ. I have been hunting the desert for my whole life, and love it out there. i dont have the patience to wait for strip tag so i hunt in diffrent areas every year and love it. I have a rifle tag this year in 18A if anyone wants to help me out with a starting point that would be amazing. I am spending more time this year hunting/scouting because it will be my last hunt in some time. I will be going active duty USMC the week after the hunt and moving far away from the desert.

Thanks

sean_shotgun
Fawn
Fawn

Post by sean_shotgun » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:23 am

Ok I'm a newbie.

Just started hunting after being bugged by my brother for years. I live in the Northern suburbs of Denver. I have always been a shooter and fisherman but am new to hunting.

Going Muzzleloader season in area 51. I have a cow elk tag and the bro a Muley buck tag (he got a buck there last year and saw a bunch more). Going to camp in the Rampart Range/Jackson Creek area and work opening weekend really hard.

Got a CVA Wolf blackpowder rifle that I am comfortable shooting at a variety of distances.

Going 2nd season rifle in area 38 for a Muley doe. Picked this tag up in the leftover license draw. Going to check out Golden Gate State Park and the Mount Evans State Wildlife area that I have already started scouting.

Using a Remington 30-06 for this trip.

Looking for Grouse along the way too.

Happy hunting.

BloodhoundBrother
Fawn
Fawn

Post by BloodhoundBrother » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:21 pm

I resid in the oil fields of South East New Mexico, Grew up huntin the sand for nice muleys, the sacrementos for big bulls, and for the last couple of winters during a break from school, I trap bobcats. I love the outdoors and love sharin info about it. I am a geology major at NMSU and hope to graduate this summer.
Ive hunted almost veryday of my life..... the rest has been waisted.