ATTENTION: NEW OR STRUGGLING HUNTERS

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
ridgetop
Monster
Monster

ATTENTION: NEW OR STRUGGLING HUNTERS

Post by ridgetop » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:39 pm

I thought it would be nice if some of us would pitch in and help some of the newbies or each other with unfamiliar areas or hunting techniques. We could use this thread as a reference for contacts on different areas around the country. What do you think? Would you guys be willing to share info. about areas you know well. I'm not talking about honey holes but general regions, units or mountain ranges. I'll start things off. If anyone needs help or info. on Utahs Central Region, the Southern Regions (Washington County) or Salt Lake and Davis Counties. Just ask and hopefully someone will come foreward to help. Be as specific as possible. PMs would be most welcome. Also, although I've hunted all types of terrain. I enjoy the higher elevations above 8,000' , glassing basins and burn areas.
Last edited by ridgetop on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's always next year

jerseyelknut
Spike
Spike

Re: ATTENTION: NEW OR STRUGGLING HUNTERS

Post by jerseyelknut » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:01 pm

Thanks ridgetop, I was going to ask a few questions in the next few days anyway. I was thinking of applying for unit 7 for Elk in WY. I've got max points and have done some research. It will be my first DIY hunt and from what I've found, it looks like a good first hunt. Killerbee has also helped me out with some great info. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Brian

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:17 am

I think this would be a great thread!!! I'm still not living at home but I would offer as much help as possible on Central/Eastern Utah.
Great Idea on this thread Ridgetop! :thumb
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

primal215
3 point
3 point

Post by primal215 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:44 am

Great thread! If anybody needs help in the south eastern and south central areas of Montana or northern California then PM me and I'll help you out if I can.

BIG R
4 point
4 point

Post by BIG R » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:58 am

I can offer help in most of Nevada and Eastern California.

jerseyelknut
Spike
Spike

Post by jerseyelknut » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:08 pm

I might as well throw this out there too. I know that not too many people would be heading out my way, but if you are ever coming to NJ, I can help out with hunting or fishing. Mostly saltwater fishing, but we also have some decent trout waters. Believe it or not, we've got some awesome tuna and white marlin fishing. Last year we had an exceptional bigeye bit and the whites were plentiful as well. I am also in the tire and auto business, been doing it since I was 13. If I can't answer the question, I can ask one of my mechanics, or reach out to some other people I know in the business. I would really like to give back a little being that I don't have a heck of a lot to contribute. Thanks.

Ride
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Ride » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:38 pm

Hmmmm, i know alot about most areas of British Columbia. Feel free to ask away or PM me and i will try to help if i can.

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:39 pm

i've hunted in northern new mexico, southern colorado, western idaho, western montana and southeastern wyoming. oh and of course oregon. i'll help as much as i can :thumb

buckykm1
2 point
2 point

Post by buckykm1 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:59 pm

if you need to know anything about Michigan hunting or fishing let me know.
I also have some knowledge on SW Colorado and a little in Montana.

Kevin

camodup
3 point
3 point

Post by camodup » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:27 am

I got cha covered on all your Utah fishing and hunting needs! Send me a PM if ya have any questions, and there is also a TON of people on this forum that know about Utah..
thedailyhuntandfish.com

Pro Staff for Northern Utah Waterfowl
Duck Junkies Field Staff