Talk anything related to Rifle hunting
- 2 point
- Posts: 247
- Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 9:49 pm
- Location: Pueblo, CO, USA
Walmart 270 or .06 . 379.00. Some Walmarts still have rifles( maybe their Chinese Corp leader dont know it).
- Posts: 849
- Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:07 am
- Location: Vernal, Utah
Check your pawn shops and look for a decent Remington model 700. Great gun. Mine is probably 35+ years old and shoots great.
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:59 pm
I would say save you money a while longer (you shouldnt need the rifle for a while anyway) and buy a Ruger they run about six hundred and are worth every penny I have three different calibers in the ruger and wouldnt trade one of them. what is another hundred anyway when it is going towards something that you more than likely will have forever.
- 3 point
- Posts: 381
- Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:46 pm
- Location: Antelope, Oregon
My brother got a Howa for himself and his son. They shoot great and everything is the same as the Weatherby Vanguard except the price. Nice rifles.
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:32 pm
- Location: Camp Verde Az
Think I will check out a few pawn shops. My father in law got a winchester model 70 300wsm for $200 last week!
- Posts: 59
- Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:37 pm
- Location: concordia, kansas
- 2 point
- Posts: 205
- Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:17 am
Savage 110/111 with accu-trigger. They are lightweight tackdrivers.
"The things that are over my head are under God's feet." Adrian Rogers
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:55 am
- Location: Thornton, CO
The Savage package deal guns in my hood are selling for about $415 with a 3x9 scope. I hear they are decent out of the box and are factory boresighted.
Also you could pickup a used Winchester Model 70 or Rem 700 on gunbroker.com or a Tikka. Some come with scopes.
- 2 point
- Posts: 226
- Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:36 pm
- Location: Price/WX, UT
Remington 700 ADL w/ 3-12x40 Cabelas scope $459 and can be combined with the $150 gift card for a $500 purchase.
- 700 ADL.png (26.22 KiB) Viewed 3029 times
- Posts: 66
- Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:11 pm
yep, go with the Tikka
Also, on the caliber if you havent picked on out yet, I would go with the 30/06 or the .270. I prefer the .270 but its just my humble opinion.