Rumor or Fact?

Talk anything related to predators.
Shags1
Spike
Spike

Rumor or Fact?

Post by Shags1 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:29 pm

OK, sorry to open this can again, but I had a conversation with a friend today about photo evidence of wolves here in UT, more specific, Central Manti's, Emery/SanPete counties. I called BS, but he was serious about it. He claimed that a local man came into his store and said he saw what he thought was a huge coyote. They took pictures, and (as they claim) had the critter ID'd as a wolf by DWR. I asked to see the pictures. My friend said he didn't know the guy, but said he ask to see them if he happened to come back in to the store. Has anyone ever seen wolves in central/eastern UT yet, that could help me become a believer? I do not argue that it is possible for them to migrate here from Arizona, or Wyoming, or Idaho, or wherever else they are found, but have they already moved in? :>/

a_bow_nut

Re: Rumor or Fact?

Post by a_bow_nut » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:24 am

Yes they are here and have been for some time.

They have already caught two of them in traps many years ago and took them back to yellowstone.

Now wether there is an established pack or not still remains to be seen but I wouldn't be surprised if there was one by now.

Unfortunatly it is only a matter of time until we will be having the same problems as our neighbors to the north. :>/
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

one hunting fool
Monster
Monster

Post by one hunting fool » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am

I have not heard of an established pack either. But I am aware of wolves being seen and killing sheep here in the cache. specificly the franklin basin area. I have witnessed a wolf in clarkston. (I think the local ranches saw him eat something fatal ;) ) and a wolf killed a 110 great pier. last year. do they are here I suggest that if you see one call a local rancher they know how to handle them.
Genesis 27:3
Now take your hunting equipment, your quiver and bow, and go out into the open country and hunt some wild game for me.

Shags1
Spike
Spike

Post by Shags1 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:25 pm

I've heard about the sightings in the Cache areas, but I was wondering about the middle of the state.

Capshaw
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Capshaw » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:50 pm

The big Rumor in Nevada is that we have a breeding pack up in the Jarbidge area.
I'd be willing to bet a dollar you have them central UT now.