AZ Bobcat

Talk anything related to predators.
BOHNTR

AZ Bobcat

Post by BOHNTR » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:48 am

Spotted this desert bobcat while deer hunting in Arizona last week. Was able to sneak in close (30 yards)........one arrow later he was mine.

BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

killerbee

Re: AZ Bobcat

Post by killerbee » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:41 am

That's cool ROY. It's not to oftenyou hear of a cat being taken with a Bow,without hounds.
How was the deer hunting? My sister and her family just moved down to Scottsdale AZ, have you ever heard of any decent deer hunting around there?

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:19 am

Well, definitely highs and lows. I arrowed a really nice 3x3 mule deer on the 5th. He was about 26" wide and very tall.....would net in the low 150's as a 3x3! I decided to give him about 45 minutes before I trailed him. Gave me some time to hike back for my pack that I hid for the final stalk. I began trailing him about an hour after shooting him through the shoulder blades. He made it into a small coulee and headed down towards an old road. I followed a blood trail about 200 yards to a fresh gut pile.......and a black Chevy truck with AZ plates driving away. Yup, someone took him. I couldn't believe it!

I passed up several 4x4's in the 140's, as I wanted to locate a giant buck I had only seen once. But that's how it is in the Sonoran Desert........buck bucks will roam miles looking for receptive does. I decided to change tactics and hunt higher elevation for Coues Deer. I saw some absolute stud bucks this year. I ended up stalking up on a nice 10 point Coues (about 100" net) and hit him 2" too far left......right in the shoulder bone! He ran off, broke my arrow, and ended up fighting another Coues buck. He seemed unharmed by the arrow......I couldn't believe it. I saw him a few more times throughout the week and decided to hunt him only since I already hit him. He was tending does and fighting off bucks all week.......but I was never able to get within 50 yards of him again.

My two hunting partners are still there.......I have to work Monday, so I had to bug out. Overall, a good trip!
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:32 am

and a black Chevy truck with AZ plates driving away
WOW!! The class of some people, crazy! Sorry Roy that sucks.

Your trip sounded like tons of fun though, congrats on a fine Bobcat with the bow. You did that once before right?

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:40 am

That's horrible, there are some real dirt bags out there!

Curtisshootsdeer
2 point
2 point

Post by Curtisshootsdeer » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:21 pm

Good job. Was it big???
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison.

Genesis 27:3 King James Version