Pheasant hunting without the bells and whistles?

Ducks, Geese, Turkeys, Quail, Chickens, Grouse, Doves, etc.
79Ford
Monster
Monster

Pheasant hunting without the bells and whistles?

Post by 79Ford » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:31 pm

I met a gentleman the other day while duck hunting that suggested i take my 15 month old Lab/Weimaraner pup to a pheasant preserve to see how she does on pheasants. Today I was looking at the ones I could find online and there has to be other options than just these high dollar, wait on you hand and foot type places around. I'm just looking for a small, no frills, type place to get my dog acquainted with the winged creatures and don't want to have to sell off a kidney on the black market to make it happen. Can anyone suggest any good alternatives here in Utah? I don't want meals or a bed or even shells. Just birds and a good place to ge my dog out.

Scott702
2 point
2 point

Re: Pheasant hunting without the bells and whistles?

Post by Scott702 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:25 pm

It is in the southwestern corner, and it doesn't provide shells, and the other items. Basically just fields, and the birds. The name is Big Cottonwood Game Ranch, It is a good place to go! I have been several times and like it a lot! Give them a call! If you need another shooter let me know, and I'd be more than happy to meet you out there! I would be willing to chip in on the cost and I would bring my dog. He is not your regular bird hunting dog but he has gotten the job done in the past!