Pictures of some Pahavant Elk

Dedicated to Trail Cam's
a_bow_nut

Pictures of some Pahavant Elk

Post by a_bow_nut » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:13 pm

I went out and pulled my camera this weekend only to find that I messed it up some how and the camera didn't take one picture. Here are some pictures of the elk that my brother got of the elk down on the Pahavant unit.
Hope you enjoy. :)
Last edited by a_bow_nut on Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:29 pm

=D> Nice, very Nice!

Thanks for sharing. Sorry about your camera, bummer. :(
Where do you have yours set up?

Azhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Azhunter » Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:33 pm

Do you know what you did to your camera? That's a big let down I know, I forgot to change the batteries in mine, so I only got 5 photos. #-o

Wonderful pics! Those boys have some wide racks! :thumb

Arch
Spike
Spike

Post by Arch » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:17 pm

nice pictures i'll probably run into these bulls in september im going to be spending a lot of time down there

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:34 pm

Muley,

I've been running my cameras up around the Strawberry area. This is where I do most of my deer hunting so I've been setting up to see if I can find something nice to hunt. I'm getting nervous because almost all of the pictures are of elk. ???

Azhunter,

I think that when I was setting it up I hit the button that put the camera back into setup mode (just a guess) and one other weird thing was that something had been chewing on the cable coating that holds the camera to the tree.

Arch,

Did you draw a tag for this area? If so good luck and have fun. My brother had that tag two years ago for the any weapon hunt and now his boy has an archery tag this year. The one thing that I would like to say if you do have a tag for this area is realize that these pictures are of more or less of average elk. I would hold out for something bigger than these animals because there are some monsters down there. Here is a picture of the bull that my brother got on his hunt.

This bull was just shy of 350 and as we were cleaning him out we saw what we think was a 370-380 class bull. This was the bull my brother wanted because he had the stained antlers. Most of the bulls that we saw still had really white antlers and my brother wanted one that had the ivory white tips and had a good shape to him. Don't get me wrong this is a fabolus bull but the locals had higher hopes for him. But the only thing that matters is that he likes him.

the difference.

Arch
Spike
Spike

Post by Arch » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:20 pm

No i don't have a tag but ill be down there working for mossback they are guiding a few people down there and ill just be there to help it should be fun and I am also pretty sure they do have there eye on some big ones. I havn't made it down there yet but I should head down sometime this aug.

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:41 pm

Arch,

They sure do have a lot of folks working/helping them out huh.
I really enjoyed both of there last videos, a very nice job.

Best of luck.

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:08 am

I'm not to sure that I like the way Mr. Moss opperates. When I was down for my brothers hunt we were talking to a bunch of the people that live down there and they said that it is generaly known that if you show Mr. Moss a big bull and one of his clients shoots it then you will get a handsom finders fee. ??? (they said thousands of dollars) Now this is just my opinion but that doesn't sound like guiding to me. To me guiding is going out and finding the animals and then guiding the hunter to those animals. To me this just sounds like the rich helping the rich. Now I have no problem with guides or the people that use them but in my opinion this isn't guiding this is a case of the most money gets the best chance at the best animals. There are far to many cases of the hunting in this state being set aside for the rich and I don't like it.

Arch,

Do you work for him full time or just through the hunts?

the difference.

Arch
Spike
Spike

Post by Arch » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:41 pm

all i know is im going down to do what i like to do and im looking forward to it and i have never helped on any hunt with them im pretty sure ill be only workin on the hunts just helping spotting and yes everyone has there opinion but im not getting into that i dont' want to say somthing that would start conflict or anything that has nothing to do with me. Im going to go have a blast finding some bulls. And getting to know the country I hear its some ruff country down there. how was the country on your brothers hunt?

Devin

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:06 pm

Arch,

I can understand where you are coming from and I mean no disrespect to you in this whole situation. As for what the country was like be ready for just about any thing. On his hunt we saw elk from the foothills to the very top of the mountian. It went from a nice walk to stuff so steep that you break a sweat just trying to hike downhill ??? to picking you way back up through the cliffs. As to say high or low I've never heard anybody that spends a lot of time down there say one way or the other. More times than not they just talk about where they saw this big one and that big one is some particular spot. There are elk all over it just a matter of finding one that is big enough.

the difference.