Spotting Scope

Optics, cameras, tents, boots, binoculars, spotting scopes & other gear.
Todanglfan
Fawn
Fawn

Spotting Scope

Post by Todanglfan » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:10 pm

I'm looking to upgrade my spotting scope. Probably in to $800-$1,000 price range. What do you think would be the best for that price range?

Todanglfan
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Spotting Scope

Post by Todanglfan » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:48 am

Should give more info. It needs to an all around scope. Some years I am in the desert. This year I am going to be hiking in the mountains. So weight can be an issue. Woring good in low light conditions is a must. Thanks for your input.

Todd

9er
Monster
Monster

Post by 9er » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:55 pm

Todanglfan wrote: So weight can be an issue. Woring good in low light conditions is a must. Thanks for your input.

Todd

While the smaller scopes work well in low light conditions, the bigger more heavier scopes out perform the smaller ones in low light. Do you want a slightly heavier pack with good scope or can a smaller scope give you what you want at less weight?

I had to make the same decision as you, I bought the 65mm scope. For me it was the right decision. The bigger 80/85mm will probably only give you an extra 10 minutes.

If possible save up and buy a used swaro/leica/zeiss or if that is not an option the vortex line are great scopes and the smaller razors can be had for under $1000

Good luck in your decision
Watch your top knot!

Todanglfan
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Todanglfan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:07 am

Thanks 9er for the info. everything that I have read points me to a Vortex 65mm. It seems to be in my price range with really good reviews.

Curtisshootsdeer
2 point
2 point

Post by Curtisshootsdeer » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:02 pm

i like an all around scope too
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison.

Genesis 27:3 King James Version