Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Re: X3B here I come

Post by hound_hunter » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:08 pm

spike wrote:Boyz (and Girlz)

I'll be 60 in Sept. Got a drop camp deer hunt at 10,000 ft middle of Sept. X3B Oct 1st , back to our Montana leases for deer & elk mid October, and thinking hard about whackin' another Cape Buffalo before all that.

The Dr. says "don't do it"
The Wife says "don't do it"
The kids and grand kids say "don't do it"

I'm doin' it.

All the best

Spike
You, sir, are an inspiration =D> Keep at it hard killer.

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:10 pm

Oh, and you mentioned whackin' ANOTHER Cape Buffalo - sooo... where's the post with your prior trips to Africa!!?? I'll be waiting...

codyca
Fawn
Fawn

Post by codyca » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:59 pm

I have been horse packing through the warners with a great uncle numerous times. He hunted the south warner wilderness for over 30 years. I was too young then but his biggest buck was about 300 on the hoof a 29" spread deep forks and very heavy dark antlers that carried their mass all the way to the end of the main beams 10sign: The buck was a slick typical. If anyone has that tag and I can help out send me a pm. don't want to ruin the spot for everyone having it come up on every search for x3b. Believe it or not there are also jet black deer in those mountains.(I didn't believe my uncle, thought he was telling stories, then saw pictures of a black forkie someone shot some years back.

spike
Fawn
Fawn

Post by spike » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:12 am

HOUND_HUNTER

Thanks for the kind words. I'll try to post a few pics you may enjoy. Last time I tried I had to have HAWK guide me through the process. I take it by the SEMPER FI banner that you are/were a warrior. Thanks very much for your commitment. My boy is a bubblehead. Went from enlisted to Chief in 7 1/2 yrs, now a Lieutenant (weps officer) on a SSBN.

I was blessed to have been able to hunt behind some of the best hounds ever to hit the ground in California for about 30 yrs. A lot of guys are surprised to hear about the quality/quantity of Yogi's here. Jim Shocky's got nothing on us. Last year we took three bears over 500 lbs. with 1 closer to 600. Year before I took one that made the B & C records book that had a 20 6/16ths noggin. I'm a little slower to the tree now, but I still manage to get there and bark a little.

Off to work. Will post some pics later

GOOD HUNTING

Spike :thumb