Montana Mule Deer

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
bh107
Spike
Spike

Montana Mule Deer

Post by bh107 » Wed May 10, 2017 6:45 pm

Well I'm finally a resident in a state that I can really hunt locally. My move to Montana last summer for work was exciting, and now that I can hunt within 20 minutes of my house its even better. I was also fortunate to put in as a party with my uncle and cousins and all 4 of us drew a pretty hard to get mule deer only tag in the Bridger Mountains! My original plan was to focus on elk this year since I killed such a nice deer last year and have never really chased elk. Drawing this tag definitely changes that... The other cool thing is instead of traveling 14 hours to Colorado for only 9 days of hunting, I get from the beginning of Sept to the end of November with a short break in Oct! Plus with this tag being so close to home I know I'll be hiking and scouting all summer... Hopeing it really pays off and I can cross a good Montana mule deer off my list and then go after all of the other great game the state has to offer.

ABert

Re: Montana Mule Deer

Post by ABert » Thu May 11, 2017 7:16 pm

Congrats on the move and the tag! Good luck on finding and getting a real bruiser!
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

Scott702
2 point
2 point

Re: Montana Mule Deer

Post by Scott702 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:58 pm

Congrats!! Good luck!