Former Ca Roseburg Lands Closing

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
scott63
Fawn
Fawn

Former Ca Roseburg Lands Closing

Post by scott63 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:02 pm

A friend of mine was hunting turkey today on former Roseburg land above Oak Run, East of Redding. All California lands (170k Acres) owned by Roseburg were recently sold to "New Forests" of Austrailia which owns "LandVest". My friend was stopped by the California Operations Manager Jim Henson. Mr Henson told my friend that permission had to be obtained from him prior to hunting in an area that has any operation anywhere in the area. Mr Henson further stated that in the near future all access to LandVest properties would be forbidden. Thats right, 170k acres completely off limits. Roseburg enacted the no vehicle policy about ten years ago and this greatly reduced problems they had with illegal dumping and off road damage. However they still allowed hunting/hiking/fishing by any non motorized means. This is going to be a very big deal in Shasta, Lassen, Plumas,Trinity, Siskiyou counties to name a few......Plus I just got a return email from a former Roseburg employee now a Landvest employee. He confirms: Any activity in the area will result in closure of that area. All land likely to be closed to public access in the near future. Landvest employees will now have their own 170,000 acre hunting preserve.......
Last edited by scott63 on Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

scott63
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Former Ca Roseburg Lands Closing

Post by scott63 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:22 pm

My kids and I always brought out random trash left along the roads and many many people like us never caused any problems. My grandfather and my father took me hunting there. When my kids were old enough to hunt, we bicycled in to hunt or fish. 4 generations of my family have fished and hunted there and there are many many families that have similar stories. Truly disheartening.

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:40 pm

Confirm private land?
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

scott63
Fawn
Fawn

Post by scott63 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:30 pm

Yep, the 170,000 acres in Ca formerly owned by Roseburg Timber Products.