MuleyMadness Roll Call

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
ColumbiaBasinMDF
Fawn
Fawn

Re: MuleyMadness Roll Call

Post by ColumbiaBasinMDF » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:31 am

Pretty new to this site but I think I will be around for a while. I call Moses Lake WA home. I am married and have 3 boys 1 girl and 2 Labradors. I do all of my big game hunting with a modern rifle, and when I'm not doing that I'm knocking ducks and geese out of the sky or putting the hurt on yotes. My oldest boy has decided that hunting is not for him, but my two younger ones are at my heels learning all about it, my youngest boy got his fist buck last season, a 3 point white tail. Two years ago myself and a good friend of mine started a chapter of the Mule Deer Foundation, so we could start giving back a little.

bbford
Fawn
Fawn

Post by bbford » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Pretty new to the site I'm 24 and from Clinton Ut die hard bowhunter and love chasing elk

bigbuck92
Monster
Monster

Post by bigbuck92 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:01 am

Welcome to all the new members! Glad to have you guys here :thumb
Cody
Old hunters NEVER die,they just have better camo.

30Ultra
Fawn
Fawn

Post by 30Ultra » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:04 am

My body may be stuck here in PA,but my spirit roams the Rockies. Great forum here everyone! :thumb HOWDY all.

bigtime9
Fawn
Fawn

Post by bigtime9 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:07 pm

Been reading the site for a long time and finally took the time to join. Lots of great stories and info on here. I'm originally from western Ks cut my teeth on muleys and lopes. My wife drug me to KC Missouri so now I only get out west to visit. I'll hunt anything I can find with whatever is handy :) but antelope are what trips my trigger.

Huntnfool7
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Huntnfool7 » Wed May 23, 2012 10:35 am

Hi. I have been looking through here for awhile now but this is my first post. I am from washington. I spend as much time as I can in the mountains wether its setting up trail cams to shed hunting or just a picnic with the family. I love the thrill of a spot and stalk mule deer hunt to the screaming of a big bull at under 20 yards. I got my first archery bull last year with my recurve thanks to my callers bringing him in to 12 yards. I was a idaho hunting guide right out of high school and guided for 4 years and loved it. It was all wilderness on horse back.
I hope to chat with everyone soon

Tonoonyi
3 point
3 point

Post by Tonoonyi » Wed May 23, 2012 3:53 pm

Huntnfool7 wrote:Hi. I have been looking through here for awhile now but this is my first post. I am from washington. I spend as much time as I can in the mountains wether its setting up trail cams to shed hunting or just a picnic with the family. I love the thrill of a spot and stalk mule deer hunt to the screaming of a big bull at under 20 yards. I got my first archery bull last year with my recurve thanks to my callers bringing him in to 12 yards. I was a idaho hunting guide right out of high school and guided for 4 years and loved it. It was all wilderness on horse back.
I hope to chat with everyone soon
Hey there Youngun, glad to see you on here.
The guys on this site may not remember which one but they have seen the picture of you and your bull last year.
10sign:
Keep your nose in the wind and your eyes along the skyline.

m48goat
Fawn
Fawn

Post by m48goat » Wed May 23, 2012 7:17 pm

hey everyone, im 22 from california. love to deer hunt and i also do lots of waterfowl and upland hunting! hope to learn from others on here and help with what i can!

bullskin
Fawn
Fawn

Post by bullskin » Fri May 25, 2012 12:45 am

I am an avid archer and rifle hunter living in northeastern Shasta County. My passion is the pursuit of mule deer which, by necessity, has been limited mostly to local hunts. I have been accumulating points in various states for a while now, and I hope to begin using them. I am motivated especially by a son who is coming of age and a father-in-law for whom the sort of hunting we enjoy will soon become a memory by merit of failing health. I would like my son to experience time afield with his papa and so am taking steps to learn more about the southern Oregon and northern Nevada in the hope of developing several good hunts. I hope that my experience will similarly prove valuable to others interested in my own backyard.

Six-Gun
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Six-Gun » Fri May 25, 2012 10:29 pm

Hello there!

I'm an Air Force major station in Nevada who just drew his first ever mule deer tag in Nevada Unit 161-164 for the any legal weapon early season hunt. I'm excited and nervous as burn all at once, so I've come here to seek the sage advice of those who have been there-done that. I've got experience hunting whitetails in my last station (Nebraska), but never mule deer. Hopefully, this turns into a hunt to remember as it will likely be the only chance I get to try for a mule deer any time soon. I can't wait toread all of the great stories on this board and hopefully learn a thing or two along the way. Great to be here!