MuleyMadness Roll Call

Talk anything related to Mule Deer
Sponsored by: http://www.muledeermania.com
02tritontr20
Fawn
Fawn

Re: MuleyMadness Roll Call

Post by 02tritontr20 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:10 pm

My name is Brett, I'm 42 years old and love to deer hunt. My dad used to take me to Colorado when I was a teenager, but after he moved to Arkansas we quit going. I finally made a trip to Wyoming in 2013 and had a blast. I'm hooked on mule deer hunting again and want to keep a yearly trip going. I will be more than happy to share information and hope to get some information to help me plan future trips. I'm currently starting to plan a 2015 trip for my buddy, his daughter (my Goddaughter) and me. I hope to get some info on Utah, Colorado, and Wyoming. It's the girl's first big hunting trip and we want it to be a good one. I just bought an outfitter's tent, wood stove, generator, and a whole bunch of gear and can't wait to put it to use. We will hunt on public land.

In 2013 I processed my own deer for the first time and made some great sausage and snack sticks. I don't plan on taking a deer to a processor again! My dad made a really good friend named Dan from Denver Colorado by meeting in the woods near Collbran Colorado back in the 1980's. They tried to meet there every year for several years. I hope to meet some new hunting buddies on this forum and wherever my hunting travels take me. I also have a 3-1/2 year old daughter and a 5 month old son I will be hunting with for many years in the future.

02tritontr20
Fawn
Fawn

Post by 02tritontr20 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:13 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention I started bow hunting two years ago and shot my first buck with my bow last season (2014). What a feeling, and more meat in the freezer!

MuleyMadness
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MuleyMadness » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:24 pm

Cool name Brett, that's my first name also. :)
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the 1st bow buck last year.

Madhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Madhunter » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:49 am

I live for hunting! I love bow hunting, muzzleloader, and rifle hunting. Live in the Midwest, but travel out West ever year to hunt! I'd move out west if I could just convince my wife!

kingchugg
Fawn
Fawn

Post by kingchugg » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:13 am

I'm an avid bow hunter. I like to hunt anything open to a bow. I've lived in cache valley utah the better part of 20 years now. I'm an avid fisherman of bear lake and the bear river drainage. I dig all things outdoors not just hunting and fishing. Thanks to all in advance and good hunting!

buckdog
Fawn
Fawn

Post by buckdog » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:34 pm

hey guys I am from the Midwest have hunted mostly whitetails for 40 years with any legal means possible and I hunt anything and everything else too. like lol Ted Nugent says kill em and grill em!

BOHNTR

Post by BOHNTR » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:36 am

Welcome boys.....look forward to your posts.
BOHNTR )))-------------->

Bowhunting Editor-Western Hunter Magazine
Pope & Young Measurer
Boone & Crockett Measurer

jmiket
Fawn
Fawn

Post by jmiket » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:27 am

bwhite wrote:I just found your site today.
I have been guiding big game hunters here in the Northwest corner of Colorado for close to 30 years. I spent most of that time working in units #2, #201 and #3. Colorado manages those units as "trophy" units so I have been blessed with the opportunity to help some very good people take the bucks and bulls of their dreams. If anybody out there happens to draw any of these units in the future, I would be more than happy to share what I know.
The reason I found this site is, I have developed an interest in hunting high, and I do mean HIGH, country mulies. I have been visiting different sites just to read what others have to say about this particular aspect of the sport. I am also trying to put together a plan for a spring spot and stalk bear hunt in Wyo. I am not the type of hunter that has to kill to be successful. In 12 years of lion hunting biz, I only took 1 cat, in 30 years of deer and elk, 3 deer and 0 elk. I figure I owe the taxidermy trade a lot of $$$ sometime. I have always gotten my satisfaction helping others do well but something is changing and lately I have been dreaming of setting on high ground with nothing but my optics and a rifle for company.
Hey bwhite: I just found this site myself and saw your offer to provide knowledge of unit 201. I finally drew a 201 mule deer tag after 12 years of trying, so looking to get this right! Second season rifle...any pointers?

oldphart
Fawn
Fawn

Post by oldphart » Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:58 pm

Found this group from a link my brother sent me today regarding info on an Idaho controlled hunt unit.
I am as my handle says. Been hunting for 50+ years, Nam Vet and retired. This year moved back to an area we learned to hunt in as kids and as luck would have it, 3 cow permits out of 4 guys. Given it has been 30+ years we are excited to say the least. Will be kind of different not being in our usual area we know so well after hunting in it for 30 years.

Ranger3-94
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Ranger3-94 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:43 pm

I am Keith from PA. I have been hunting whitetails with a bow from the age of 12 I am now 41 sorry I have no idea how many deer I have killed with my bow I will hunt a rifle and a muzzleloader (flintlock) also but archery is my passion. I hunted deer in PA,OH,IL, and IA so have a pretty good grasp on midwest and eastern deer. My western hunting experience started in WA in the mid 90's when i was stationd there not nearly as much as i had hoped though. As i got a little older funds and vacation became a little more avalable and I was able to hunt the west a couple times. I have only elk hunted 1 time CO near steamboat and twice in NM unit 16a guided and unit 53 unguided all archery close calls never could seal the deal. I spent 4 years in the army at FT. Lewis WA (2nd ranger bat.) and have been a state Corrections Officer since 97 (18 years) looking forward of helping anyway i can and learning from YINZ as i plan on hunting the west much more in the coming years. YINZ =you all fyi