I-161 in MT?

Talk related to anything & everything.
huntindad
Spike
Spike

Re: I-161 in MT?

Post by huntindad » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:38 am

Which is it Halibut?

2/3 the amount of hunters in the field is better for you or.......

The price increase isn't gonna stop any "Serious Hunters" from coming to MT to hunt.

You have attempted to make your point using both but still the only point you've made is YOU don't care about any of it except how it effects YOU.

Bill

halibutaddict
Spike
Spike

Post by halibutaddict » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:59 pm

catdogs wrote:Outfitters charge the same whether the hunter drew a tag or got the guaranteed tag. Hunters did not HAVE to get the guaranteed license, a lot of outfitted hunters drew their licenses.... So, are you saying now, that outfitters charge to much for their hunts?
An outfitter wasnt going to help you get the tag if you wernt hiring them to guide for you,so you were going to pay several thousand dollars to a guide before you could buy the sponsored tags...you couldnt just buy the tag from the F&G.huntindad,nevermind... ](*,) #-o

huntindad
Spike
Spike

Post by huntindad » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:52 am

I thought so.......

Bill

halibutaddict
Spike
Spike

Post by halibutaddict » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:07 pm

huntindad wrote:I thought so.......

Bill
You thought I wasn't going to fall for your TROLLing?Very insightful.

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:09 pm

deffinatly one guy is trolling, it aint huntingdad.

everyone has hit it spot on, your only reasoning is that it wont effect YOU. screw everyone else ](*,)

huntindad
Spike
Spike

Post by huntindad » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:16 pm

It is not trolling to point out duplicity in someones post that truly shows the reason you support this bill and that is you don't care about how it effects anyone but you.

I have no quarrel with the law and believe the residents of MT have the right to vote their mind in these scenarios and I am sure they did. In fact I agree with %99 of what you and other residents here supporting it said.

My post was simply made to point out the fact that you said you are happy that less hunters will come to the woods but at the same time claim there will be no reduction in sales and if there is who needs them! I am certain you did not intend to be duplicitous or to speak for every Mom and Pop whose business will be effected if less hunters show up but intentional or not that is what you have done.

I read many similar posts in reference to ID a couple years ago stating that there would be no reduction in NR numbers as a result of price increases (yes I know there is much more to this bill than a price increase) but the numbers don't lie and the number of tags sold went WAY down! The money lost from this cannot be quantified by calculating only loss of license revenue but must also include the money spent by those NR license holders in the area they hunt and I know this because I am a NR hunter in ID and the small business owners have told me directly of the negative effects of the loss of NR hunter numbers.

Be careful what you wish for as this law will effect someone you know negatively even if it's not you and hopefully the positives far outweigh that.

Bill

halibutaddict
Spike
Spike

Post by halibutaddict » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:17 pm

killerbee wrote:deffinatly one guy is trolling, it aint huntingdad.

everyone has hit it spot on, your only reasoning is that it wont effect YOU. screw everyone else ](*,)
You are even less mature in your baiting,I know your a young kid but you arnt even trying to make a point,I dont think you even realize this bill is designed to level the playing field for NON RESIDENTS,thats YOU ](*,) .It is going to work out well for the hunters,hunting and the wildlife of Montana,THAT is all Im concerned about.The truth is that there will be just as many hunters,maybe more,those outfitter tags didnt sell out,the draw tags will,but the result will be less people(guides,spotters,security,scouts,ect) in the field because there will be fewer outfitters,sorry you are so upset about having to pay an extra $200 to hunt here(even though your odds of drawing just went way up).Im feel so much better knowing everyone who doesn't live here is looking out for us and knows whats best for the people and wildlife here,if enough of you move here,become residents,get voted into the legislature,write a bill changing it back,get enough signatures to get it voted on and then passed you can do something about it,until then you are just going to have to deal with it.Montana is NOT Idaho,we have much more to offer to the DIY hunter and everyone knows it,the opportunity's for general tags and access in those areas does not compare,that is why Id saw such a drop,not to mention the devastation of your northern elk herds by wolves.i know outfitters in the Selway region that didnt book a single hunter last year because they didnt take any,they told their clients the elk wernt there and they didnt want to disappoint.If you hunt Montana as a non res you should be really excited about the changes for the upcoming year,you increased odds of drawing a tags,the decreased pressure by outfitters on public land,you should be planning a hunt,not crying about the extra $200 its going to cost you. :>/

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:24 am

It is true that, every NR that wants the Big Game Combo to hunt MT will AGAIN get a license for 2011. The drawing odds will be 100% for the initial drawing. That's good I guess.
Probably be enough alternates to sell out.
All those NR's that have been using outfitters will still get licensed and still use the outfitters.

This should be REAL EASY to understand.

Huntin101
Fawn
Fawn

Post by Huntin101 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:59 pm

Catdogs has it right on! I-161 will not benefit any and was a big mistake. Hope all that voted for it realize their mistakes.
Huntin101

halibutaddict
Spike
Spike

Post by halibutaddict » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:09 pm

Why dont you explain to us why it was wrong? :-k BTW i 161 just opened up a ranch to block managment that Ive wanted to hunt for 20 years,the only guys calling it a bad decision are the half hind end outfitters that used to lease the place. #-oHey Wayne,dial 1 406 444 2535,ask for liscencing and ask for the success rate of applicants for the deer/elk combo for 2010,then explain to me how that rate being UNDER %100 backs up your claim that we didnt draw out for d/e combo tags last year.There were RETURNED tags avaliable after the draw due to people calling and declining the tags,then they went up for a first come first served alternates list,these didnt last long either,this SHOULD be easy to undertand! ](*,)