Heard or seen anything strange ?

Talk related to anything & everything.
pram-z
Spike
Spike

Heard or seen anything strange ?

Post by pram-z » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:59 am

Just wondering if anyone has seen or heard anything or seen anything strange while out in the field this year or in the past?. Last year while elk hunting the Scapposse unit, my son and I heard what started out as a wolf, but ended up rather abrubtly as something else not dog or canine-like at all. It wasn't all that hair raising, just odd, it went on for about 1 minute. Then heard the same thing in the same location the very next day, and lasted about 2 minutes, now I've been in the woods alot and never heard anything remotely familiar. We were about 1 1/2 miles from any homes. Don't now what it was,but wasn't compeled to go look either. Just wondering what others have seen or heard in the field?. Might be an interesting thread, you never know what might be out there.

ridgetop
Monster
Monster

Re: Heard or seen anything strange ?

Post by ridgetop » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:22 am

I saw a UFO while scouting sheep. I have it on video and I could try and post it sometime but it looks very small on the video with little detail. It was a silver shiny disc and was moving slowly West towards the desert. I would guess it was some sort of military aircraft heading to Dugway but who knows.
There's always next year

huntindad
Spike
Spike

Post by huntindad » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:28 pm

I have heard a few strange things out there for sure but only one that I couldn't explain and can't even describe the sound. Not a canine not a feline not an elk not a bear and LOUD!!!

Once while walking in an area I got the creeps so bad I had to leave the Mountain and I have never been scared in the woods before or since I was a young kid even when walking at night without a light and this was broad daylight. Can't explain but the hair on my neck was on end and I couldn't explain it but I felt like PREY!

Saw a couple UFO's over the years. I don't believe in aliens mind you but these were definitely not easy to explain.

Bill

ABert

Post by ABert » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:19 pm

Well, I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would fit into this thread that I have witnessed, but there are a few folks that would swear I was the culprit that caused them to fear the woods in the past lol

...and possibly in the future!
It ain't the size of the gun but the placement of the bullet.

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:10 am

I have seen the pheonix lights twice while I was either fishing the Colorado River in Tuma or in the field for training.... Not sure if there are any stranger things than that and not really sure how to describe them.
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

pram-z
Spike
Spike

Post by pram-z » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:44 pm

The Pheonix lights would be way neat too have seen, back in the 80's once camped out in the Steen's Mts., in Oregon, we were in the sleeping bags watching the stars and saw a "satelite" slowly moving across the sky, then make a 90 degree turn and absolutly speed away...I'm just saying, weird.

southwind
Monster
Monster

Post by southwind » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:58 pm

Cuppacabra!

Seriously I have heard plenty of noises I have not been able to identify and some have sent chills down my spine. Some I am sure were birds or who knows but when you are in the woods in the dark it can sure rattle you. I'm still here so nothing has dragged me off yet. lol

camodup
3 point
3 point

Post by camodup » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:34 pm

Out looking for sheds one day with my dog sammie.. she was running around out in front of me, and disappeared up over a small ridge, just before i reached the ridge she came screamin over the top and right between my legs whimpering the whole way... I petted her and kept on my way up over the ridge, she stopped and kept whimpering and would not go with me, then i got this sick feeling in my stomach like something was watching me and i kept looking for it but never could see nothing. I could smell the gnarliest smell ever the whole time i was there. So i turned around and vamboozled back to the truck as i could and havent gone in that canyon since.. Dunno what it was, or if it was anything at all, but the thought of it still creeps me out to this day..
thedailyhuntandfish.com

Pro Staff for Northern Utah Waterfowl
Duck Junkies Field Staff

JLROOT
2 point
2 point

Post by JLROOT » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:18 pm

Just remember:

We are not at the top of the food chain.
A 'Veteran' whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

camodup
3 point
3 point

Post by camodup » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:04 pm

Or bottom lol
thedailyhuntandfish.com

Pro Staff for Northern Utah Waterfowl
Duck Junkies Field Staff