Reduce Recoil Help

Talk related to anything & everything.
sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Re: Reduce Recoil Help

Post by sneekeepete » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:35 pm

lol Abert I am happy to be one of those not lumped in with "Most People" comments most of the time. I find I am much happier than "Most people" :thumb
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

killerbee

Post by killerbee » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:22 pm

well, i'm a little late on this post.
If I coulda been the first person to reply, it probably woulda been identicle to SNEEKEE's

+1,000,000,000,000. 058 X the square root of pie +( A2X B2) Divided By .00012763 X 1,467,001

that equals----- i agree lol

little story--
me and one of my buddies went to AK a few yrs back for a moose hunt.
I'm not very big but i grew up shooting big guns and dont mind them at all.
once a week we would meet at the range and shoot at least a box of shells if not 2.

I shoot a 300 wby and my buddy shoots a 30-378 wby.

well one afternoon wewere shooting and after my second box i was starting to get a touch jumpy, i pulled threw it, shot a great group to finish up, and my buddy says"here shoot a group through mine"
i was thinking" awe crap, this is gonna hurt"!
well i shot his BIGGER gun and was ABSOLULTY amazed how little the felt recoil was, but BY FAR more amazed how much "JUMP" it took away from the gun.

needless to say my gun was at the gunsmith the next day and it's been awsome every since!
OH SURE, when that gun goes off, i think it slightly changes the rotation of the earth (From the noise) but you be crazy to not wear ear plugs when you shoot anything at the range, and i've never payed any attention to it when i've killed anything with it.

So put me in the "minority" catagory too, cause i (and anyone else i know) love mine :thumb

a_bow_nut

Post by a_bow_nut » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:46 pm

I love my muzzle brake. I can work with noise and dust alot better than the punishment that I used to take from my 7MM Ultra Mag. Would shoot big calibers without it now.
Live to hunt, hunt to live.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
the difference.

maintguy47
3 point
3 point

Post by maintguy47 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:59 pm

I cant decide if I like the boooom or the muzzle flash on my 50cal better. I know that I could melt the barrel down fireing it and not feel a thing the next day. It,s kinda funny watchen em jump next to me at the range every time I sqeeze the trigger. Does that make me a bad person?

buckykm1
2 point
2 point

Post by buckykm1 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:35 am

I think this is kind of like the Chevy VS Ford thing, you either love them or hate them.

Kevin

zachvu
Spike
Spike

Post by zachvu » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:35 am

I'm running a similar setup (TC 300 Win Mag) that the gf bought me for Valentines Day. I put 45 rounds through it this week between sighting it in and being excited about it and am sore as can be. I picked up a slip-on limb saver last night, I'll let you know how it goes later this week!

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Post by Springville Shooter » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:03 pm

I agree with both sides on the one. I have alot of rifles with brakes and alot without. In my opinion, brakes are a risk vs gain thing. If you want the preformance of a supermagnum rifle, I believe that a brake is absolutely essential to shoot as accurately as possible. On the other hand, milder recoiling rifles kill game just as good in most cases. Here's the fact; complaining about the noise from a break on a supermag is like complaining about the fuel economy of a top fuel dragster. If you want fuel economy......get a prius. One last point. I wear good hearing protection well over 99% of the time and I have never remembered the loud bang when shooting at game. Yes, the damage is being done, but that's true with any large caliber rifle report. Well worth it to me.-----SS
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

JLROOT
2 point
2 point

Post by JLROOT » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:59 pm

My rifled slug barrel has a brake. I would much rather shoot slugs through it then slugs through a smooth bore barrel with no brake. Not to mention my shot groups are tighter at longer ranges.
A 'Veteran' whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve is someone who, at one point in his/her life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

480 stu-ffer
Fawn
Fawn

Post by 480 stu-ffer » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:07 pm

I'll have to admit I have a break on my 350Rem classic but most of the time I wish I would have gone with the limb saver and so do those around me when I shoot.