Idaho whitetail

Talk anything related to Whitetail or Coues Deer
Muley Shed Freak
3 point
3 point

Re: Idaho whitetail

Post by Muley Shed Freak » Wed May 05, 2010 9:27 am

Funny story about Idaho Whitetail.. I went out in a General DIY OTC hunt for muleys and saw a buck bedded down in the bushes at about 350 yards. I knew it was a buck but looking at the antlers thought it was a non typical because of the symetry. I shot him.. got up to it and it was a mountain whitetail. Weren't suppose to be whitetail in the unit at all.. but there he was. I hunted his whitetail buddy for three years with my long bow, but could never get him. I didn't want to shoot him with my rifle because I had so much fun hunting him with my bow. This other whitey was on Private land though, more reason to just hunt him with a bow. Unfortunatly this last year someone tresspassed and shot my buck. I was really upset over the whole thing. This guy went around town bragging on how he took him. What a loser. Could never get Fish and Game to do anything about it though. Sucked.
Pic of the Rifle Whitey..
Attachments
Whitetail.jpg
Whitetail.jpg (23.55 KiB) Viewed 17554 times

capt.nw
Spike
Spike

Post by capt.nw » Wed May 05, 2010 10:47 am

Sorry to hear about the buck, I got that alot out in CA. But you still got a good white tail.

SS- Yeah I really like Salmon I started hunting it around 2003 with a buddy of mine. Then I met some sheriff's and Police Officers from there and got some really good pointers for the area. So salmon has become a fall destination for me every year.
Have you seen the new Fish and Game rules for the Salmon B tag. they have put a cap on the tags, which I think is fine. Since the wovle as been back I have seen the elk hard dip a little. The good thing is the witers have been mild so there is not alot of death do to winter. I just have to be one of the frist ones to get my Elk tag.
Same Monkey Different Tail....

182BC...4Now!
2 point
2 point

Post by 182BC...4Now! » Wed May 05, 2010 8:24 pm

SS, great looking buck!...and don't sell yourself short, down here in Texas we call that an 8 point! :))

huntfishnv
2 point
2 point

Post by huntfishnv » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:34 pm

Nice whitetail good thing you were bored. =D>
The Buck Stops Here

AGCHAWK
Monster
Monster

Post by AGCHAWK » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:42 pm

killerbee wrote:both of htose are great stories!
i've wanted to do a idaho whitetail hunt for a while. AGCHAWK has gone to idaho alot. seems like there is alot of game.

cool post, i'm glad you got bored :thumb
Yup. Since I live right on the Idaho/Washington boarder I make it a point to get over there every general season. I usually do pretty good over there too although I was skunked this past season. I did pass on two smaller 4x4s early in the season but just as luck would have it, they vanished when I finally decided to drop one. Oh well, there is always THIS year!

Here's a few pics of some of the bucks me, my brother, and my nephew have pulled out of there over the last few seasons. (I have more somewhere. Will need to dig through all my files one of these days)
Attachments
4.jpg
4.jpg (35.14 KiB) Viewed 17541 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (52.71 KiB) Viewed 17541 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (88.49 KiB) Viewed 17541 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (23.51 KiB) Viewed 17541 times

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:19 am

Those are some good looking WT you guys have out there.

PLP
Spike
Spike

Post by PLP » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:09 pm

Most WT hunters will never get one that nice..Congrats!

firefighterbraun
3 point
3 point

Post by firefighterbraun » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:02 pm

Those are some nice looking bucks! Is it pretty tough to draw a tag in Idaho? Have been thinking about hunting whitetails but don't really know where would be best to start.

TheGreatwhitehunter

Post by TheGreatwhitehunter » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:51 am

Good looking bucks
THE LORD IS MY ROCK