Missouri Whitetail?

Talk anything related to Whitetail or Coues Deer
TexasHunter83
2 point
2 point

Missouri Whitetail?

Post by TexasHunter83 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:03 pm

Hey guys,

I'm starting to put my feelers out for a possible white tail hunt in Missouri within the next few years. My granfather recently passed and grew up in Missouri so I thought it would be nice to make a hunt up there in the future. I've heard they've got some nice whitetail there and various public hunting opportunities. Does anyone know anything about public hunting in Missouri? Draw process? Odds for a non-resident? etc...? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Madhunter
Fawn
Fawn

Re: Missouri Whitetail?

Post by Madhunter » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:17 pm

I see you posted a while ago, but have hunted Missouri and across the border in Iowa. I've hunted the northwest part of the state not far from the Iowa border. Tags are over the counter, so that's a plus! The area we hunted was hit pretty good by Ehd the year we hunted. Prior to that there were a lot of deer, and some dandy bucks on our trail cams. Come rifle season, we still saw of decent bucks, but the numbers were way down. Come to find out, that area is hit hard by 'road' hunters. Overall the state produces some great bucks and awesome opportunities to harvest deer.

TexasHunter83
2 point
2 point

Re: Missouri Whitetail?

Post by TexasHunter83 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:00 am

Thanks for the info Madhunter. We'd thought about hitting Missouri up due to hearing good things about the deer. We've recently changed our minds and have decided on maybe hunting southeast Oklahoma. Tags are also OTC, a little bit higher than Missouri tags, but a little closer drive for us. Thanks again for your information. I may very well try to hunt Missouri in the next several years.