Re: baiting deer

Post by leadpillproductions » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:46 am

dont need to hire him i shoot bigger deer

leadpillproductions
Fawn
Fawn

Post by leadpillproductions » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:11 am

you must be sniffing glue look at the board heading WHITETAIL NOT MULE DEER but thanks for your concern buddy

maintguy47
3 point
3 point

Post by maintguy47 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:41 pm

Personally, it's the hundreds of hours of pattering what ever it is I'm hunting. If it's trudgeing thru miles of snake infested swamps to find a high spot to ambush a whitetail or climbing up and the mountians trying to take an elk. It is what I prefer. I have a cabin in New Mexico up in the mountians where some great mule deer bucks stand less than a foot of off my front porch. All I'd have to do is open the window and let an arrow fly. My wife doesn't under stand why I hunt for days somewhere else and don't take one those hugh bucks. She puts a bird block out for the birds, but we don't put out anything for the deer. When I can no longer walk, and my wheel chair won't make it up and down the trails I'll consider sitting in a shooting house over a corn feeder.

m gardner
Monster
Monster

Post by m gardner » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:57 am

People that bait animals in on private land and video the kill give the general hunting public a very distorted idea of what it's like to hunt. I've had several guys and one gal who have hunted with me become very frustrated and wanted to know why it wasn't like on the videos???!!!!! They didn't get in proper shape either because it didn't look too rugged. When they can't go where the critters are they don't kill anything. They were good at riding in the truck and hanging out in camp and whining.
Mark

ldjbuff
Spike
Spike

Post by ldjbuff » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:19 am

There is a guy who runs a guide serivice near where we hunt in Eastern Washington. I have always wanted to know how he keeps pulling the bigger bucks from the area. Well I took my buck from last year to him so he could process the meat for me and give me advice on how I should mount it. While I was there he showed me and my dad the area where all the big Whitetails are taken....

He took us into his house to a room in back which had a huge picture window. He opened the window and pointed to about 3 huge piles of pears. He said he charges $2000 for a 3 point of higher. Its 45 yards from the window to the pile of pears, he has the hunters shoot right out of the window. he says he gets about 4-5 hunters a year.

To me that is just nuts.

SHANE(WA)
Spike
Spike

Post by SHANE(WA) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:06 am

would this be Sherman creek outfitters?

sneekeepete
Monster
Monster

Post by sneekeepete » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:46 am

I can't beleive that someone would pay to shoot a deer out of the window of some guys house lol Too me these people definatley have way more money than sense!
SNEEKEEPETE
OIF Vet.
Sgt Petersen USMC
Colossians 1:27,28

ldjbuff
Spike
Spike

Post by ldjbuff » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:52 am

I dont think its called sherman creek outfitters, the guy is out of Colville, Wa, he runs a business called paige's custom meats

SHANE(WA)
Spike
Spike

Post by SHANE(WA) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:29 am

Oh okay, never heard of them.
Where do you draw the line with this, personally I think people who shoot deer with guns are taking the easy way, come on now shooting a deer with a gun, its so easy its not even funny.Did it for years completly lost the challenge of the hunt, seeing if you can reach out there and knock a deer down at 400 yards or better yet I get them close oh thats a challenge, almost a gimmie.Pick up a bow and try that

dan walker
Fawn
Fawn

Post by dan walker » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:39 pm

I am definatly against baiting deer.I have been hunting for 49 years and have yet to go home empty handed.I do my scouting every year and hunt on foot. We have enough of an advantage with high power rifles,two way radios.GPS, scent elimination systems, binoculars spoting scopes,grunt calls, 4wheel trucks ,camo,hand warmers and thermal underwear.It is much more of a challenge to get your deer by using you stealth and knowledge than it is to put a pile of grain out in -40 weather knowing that the deer are hungry and are goin to come to it.It's just like shooting fish in a barrel.I am very glad that Alberta has a law against baiting