Respooling

Talk anything related to 'all kinds' of fishing.
Sponsored by: http://www.troutjournal.com
MuleyHunterNV
Spike
Spike

Respooling

Post by MuleyHunterNV » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:09 pm

How often do you guys respool your reels and what lines do you like to use?

Springville Shooter
Monster
Monster

Re: Respooling

Post by Springville Shooter » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:35 pm

I respool my steelhead rig every year with maxima. My lake rods every couple of years, and my leadline troller has never seen new line.-----------SS
"Only accurate rifles are interesting"-----Col. Townsend Whelen

sawsman
2 point
2 point

Post by sawsman » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:36 pm

Assuming you mean spinning reels... It'll depend on the amount of use. I fished for at least thirty days last year and changed my line three times. Some years I'll only change the line once, but again it will depend on how much I fish...

I prefer Trilene XL 6 lb mono line over the flourocarbon... most times I'll use flouro for the leader. I do have one reel spooled up with some P-Line 100% flouro... and I'm still trying to decide if I like it as much as the mono. I have used the coated flouro lines without much success, I've had too many broken knots and lost fish while using it. :>/
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing it, dosen't go away."-Philip K. Dick

MuleyMark
Fawn
Fawn

Post by MuleyMark » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:59 am

Since almost 99% of my fishing is done off downriggers trolling, I change my line at least 5 times a season. That's also when I service the reels.
I prefer Cajun Red Line, 8lb. It's been a good line for me and when Shakespeare owned the Cajun line I stocked up. Now that Zebco has it, I hope they did'nt mess with the formula not that I'm going to need any line anytime soon. Still got 10,000 yards of the good stuff.

Mark