I always wanted to do that!

Talk anything related to Antelope
Snake River Marksman
3 point
3 point

Re: I always wanted to do that!

Post by Snake River Marksman » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:45 am

Curtis,
In years past i've used my 250 savage. As I stated in the story, I had intended to use my 6.5x55 that I just rebarreled and refinished. However, when I took it to the range last Sunday, I found the scope had gone Kaplooey on me and I didn't have enough time to get it fixed or changed out. My 308 was zeroed and checked, and I had never killed anything with that particular rifle so it got the call. As Springville said, sometimes that extra weight in the bullet department can be a big help fighting wind drift, but since I won't take a first shot at more than 300yds, it doesn't do much for me.
Here are some pictures of my 6.5 swede

Stupidity is expensive

waynedevore

Post by waynedevore » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:40 am

I really enjoyed the details of Your hunt.
I have done a lot of belly crawling in my day to close the distance on speedgoats.
Sometimes successful sometime not. Seemed like always getting into a prickly pear or two.

Curtisshootsdeer
2 point
2 point

Post by Curtisshootsdeer » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:22 am

inever thoght about wind speed ss
Last edited by Curtisshootsdeer on Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison.

Genesis 27:3 King James Version

Curtisshootsdeer
2 point
2 point

Post by Curtisshootsdeer » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:28 am

nice gun!! my dad has one of the same caliber from 1902 that was a military gun with a sweet flip sight
Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison.

Snake River Marksman
3 point
3 point

Post by Snake River Marksman » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:31 am

Thanks Curtis. Re doing that gun last winter was a lot of fun. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.
Stupidity is expensive

Curtisshootsdeer
2 point
2 point

Post by Curtisshootsdeer » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:40 pm

Snake River Marksman wrote:Thanks Curtis. Re doing that gun last winter was a lot of fun. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.
your welcome and nice job =D>

hound_hunter
Monster
Monster

Post by hound_hunter » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:33 am

SRM, that rifle you've refinished looks great!! Like really great, thanks awesome! And man did this bring the pronghorn itch back to me :p Next year I'm pretty positive that me, my dad, and my 2 brothers will all be able to draw the same unit for pronghorn in WY next year! I sure hope so cause that would be SWEET having 4 tags in camp and making a week out of it! Pronghorn hunting is some of my favorite, it's almost like relaxing camping trips but you get to hunt too. I like the attitude you had on putting a sneak cause you didn't care if he gets away, that's the nice thing about Wyoming is you always know for sure you can find another decent buck, haha. Good post, thanks

Snake River Marksman
3 point
3 point

Post by Snake River Marksman » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:43 am

Thanks HH!
Stupidity is expensive

Curtisshootsdeer
2 point
2 point

Post by Curtisshootsdeer » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:40 pm

we all mean it to marksman